Shimano Raider or daiwa AIRD

G"day guys,looking to upgrade my old spin rod for the upcoming Winter  trout/reddy expeditions.I like 7 ...7/2 light spin ,Raider or AIRD are around my  affordable  price range,any pros cons preferences,experiences with either,or any other recomendation?

Cheers lads B)

I have never used the Raider or Aird models, but I would go with the Daiwa. I personally have never liked any rod built by Shimano and I have tried several. I don't like the feel of the blanks, and they use the crapiest hardware (guides, seats, etc.).

On the other hand I own heaps of Daiwa rods and I love them all.

The one sort-of Shimano rod I do own and enjoy is the Dynamix Estuary, a line sold by Ray and Annes. They are built on Shimano blanks (although this particular one has been discontinued in Shimano's own line-up), and they build them right with good Fuji components too.

I bought a 1-3kg Air Edge and AIRD 2000 (comes with a spare 1500 spool), after posting on here for rod options. Plenty to pick from and I guess you never know till you bite the bullet and give it a run. It's the 3 piece 7'9" from memory, the length gives me casting distance. I find it comfortable and nice and light, would be nice to have a longer butt on it but no one really seems to do that. Good sensitivity but feels like it could easily take a good weight fish without an issue. Shore/wading fished so has copped splashes and the accidental dunk but I wash it out with fine mist while reeling in on light drag and it's been completely fine. 

I run a daiwa generation black itchy twitchty (1.5-3kg & 6'10") as my trout / reddie rod and its great mate, good action and casts a mile.. they make a "two drunkin monkeys" which I should have bough its same length but slightly lighter at 1-2kg rating. Would be a great rod with some 4lb braid and 1000 reel.

Have a suss on the net, can get them for about $180.

cheers.