Seeking advice on Berkley Gulp Shrimp

Hi Hookers, 

Im after some advice on Berkley Gulp plastics, specifically the Shrimp.

Storage - so with my other SPs, once rigged I just keep them in my tackle tray and pull them out the next outing and away I go. However I did this with one of the Gulp Shrimp and it has dried out and was rock hard. I assume there is a preferred / recommended storage method for these SPs?

Also, iis it possible to "revivie" one of these SPs if you have dried it out?

Method / Retrieve - these seem to have zero in built action (except for the two tiny feelers at the head of the SP. Is there a particular way I am meant to retrieve / work these SPs?

Thanks in advance all.

TL

Gulps need to be stored in their 'juice'. Either in the zip-lock wallets they're purchased in, one of the gulp tubs or suitable leak proof container with Gulp juice added.

Nah you cant revive them once they are dried out. If semi-dried out they can be ok (sometimes) after re-soaking in a tub of juice for a day or so.

images.jpg

images2.jpg

Gulp tub & Gulp Recharge 'juice'

You can just keep the Gulp baits in a plastic snap lock sandwich bag... I keep all my soft plastics Squidgy, Gulp and Powerbait in a leakproof screw cap container with Gulp juice (except Z-man, never put Z-mans in the juice with the rest, they "melt" into a big blob) then when I go fishing I pull out a dozen or so and put them into a snap lock sandwich bag. These keep hydrated no worries when fishing. As Underpants has stated they can be rehydrated (in just water) if semi dried.

Appreciate the advice lads. So I assume the oil / liquid they are kept in is generic across all the gulps then? 

Interesting that you can store your other SPs (other than Zman) in the same substance. Must admit im not a fan of the gulps after my initial experience, however admittedly I have only had two cracks so I will keep trying them over time and see how I go.

Thanks again guys.

If you are one for using soft plastics, then simply follow the instructions provided so that the lures last at their optimum. Its all about keeping some of soft plastics moist all of the time. You can simply put these in a jar with a lid filled with tap water & keep out of the sun & all will be good. If you want you can change the water now and again. You can also add scents to the water if you want.

The lures can be sprayed with a scent before use but I am yet to be convinced that this makes a significant difference. The lure goes into salt or fresh water & any scent will soon be diluted very quickly in my opinion as the scent is only on the surface and not is not emanating from the soft plastic itself. It is only a semi porous rubber substance after all. Anyway, I think its more the action of the lure which causes the hungry fish to strike due to the fish seeing the soft plastic as a potential food source.

I say the above as I have used soft plastics that have been in the tackle box for many years (not ones that require to be moist) which have caught fish time & time again. Just saying from my experience.