G'day Bennyboy. Ive just got back recently from Yorkes, and while drifting some snapper baits out through my berley trail, got absolutely slammed by a monster snook. It hit that hard, and ran that hard against a stiff drag on 9kilo braid, that I thought it had to be a large rugger, or maybe even an over 60.After a spirited tussle I couldnt beleive the size of the snook thatsurfaced at the side of my boat. A mnate of mine has heard of 1 at Venus Bay that went 4 ft 6 inches, and I reckon mine was all of that and maybe more {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gifIm absolutelyspewing I dont have a pic of it because it was a fish of a lifetime , but size-wise, lets just say it broke me off on the 30lb mono trace {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gifcheers aff

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thats it bloody huge there jaffa :cheer:A mate and i where getting some rather large one's at the start of the year but not that big...I think the biggest we got which Brownie caught on pillie went 98cm and i thought that thing was a monster most averaged around the 70-80cm mark B) Anyway great fish there JaffaAdam

Ranger wrote:

SandyWhiting wrote:

Now That would appeal to me, I gotta get me a smoker..iv been wanting one for ages..

Try one of these:http://www.hydraflow.co.nz/anuka.htmlPosted Imageps: Nice butt fellah! Posted Image I'll give ya a karma point for that one!
Awwww Shucks, thanks.. Posted ImageThats a cracker I like that, I like alot.. :)
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Recently on a trip to Foul Bay we managed to land a snook of 106.5cm weighing 10lbs exactly (just over 4.5 kg for those who are metrically inclined) Biggest one I`ve seen in over 45 years of catchin them. If someone can give me some tips on posting a photo I`ll be happy to oblige. Posted Image

Found it Jaffa, that huge :woohoo: Good talking to ya B)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...