West lakes depth

Cheers For that guys was trying for mulloway the other day and was trying to find a hole but no luck

The trick to catching Silver Ghosts, especially in West Lakes, is not to find the deepest holes.....

Fish the "narrowest" parts of the lakes, as mullies travel around , and the narrower parts, give you the best opportunity ...

As they, have to swim past that area ... trial and error, to find best narrow bits, but this will help you out a great deal .....

SF

Thanks for the advise guys it is much appreciated I think I will be getting up a little early before my first job tomorrow and going for a couple hour yak. I tried throwing some white lightning plastics at the inlet I could see the mulloway there at first light but there was also a ton of bait fish to so the mullys might have already had there feed. I also tried a couple bridges had some small hits but nothing hung on long enough to hook up.

I guess it will all be persistence but hopefully I land one soon

Also do the gate times affect there feeding habits and how do you know what times the let water in and out cheers guys

Gate times used to be in the Advertiser , not sure where ... either tides or shipping info ...

At an estimate , normally outlet opens at low tide times for Port River ..

As for Open times .. I would guess High Tide ...

Good Luck ...

SF

yea i find its bit easier overall...less action down there...less peanuts too lol...im due for a trip meself down there soon...bit overdue...havin withdraws from not bending me rods...i mean it's been like a whole fortnight...maybe we should meet up for a session down there if ur keen?? trade some yarns an maybe a bevvos or 2..

cheers ghosty..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkhld6wn9siopnm/804_1488266078065.jpeg?dl=0..

mate just got back from trip last night😉😆

The answer can be found here in this historic video about the construction of west lakes. Takes one back in time this video!  :metal:

Great video.

Union officials and OHS reps would have a fit now watching what went on at constructions sites in those days.

Love the flares and shirts too.  Funny how rolled curbs were such an innovation back in those days....