Braid or Mono for Sharking??

Just got a new Shark set up, now have to decide what to fill it with. What is Everyone else running?I can see Braid being good to get extra line capacity on the reel, tho the only downside is if i rub on reefs etc. Or is it worth losing line capacity and go mono for extra strength?99% of the time it will be Metro and Yorkes Jettys.

like brent said each to their own. but i rekn the best bet is if your worried about line capacity is to go with a 300m or so of braid "backing" then fill the rest with mono of the same kg then you get the best of both world. more line and the extra strength etc of the mono. just watch your fingers or buy some damn good gloves if you use braid LOL.ss

Watching the guys on You Fish TV catch Gummies in Western Port they said they normally use Mono but for this episode the tide was running a bit faster so they swapped to Braid for less resistance in the fast running water.;)

The water races in Westernport Bay, and little Gummies and 7 gills don't have anywhere near the fight of our Bronzies.For us amateurs, the stretch in mono as the larger and stronger fish turn from side to side to change direction, and take off on runs, helps to overcome the mistakes we make, and gives us a much better chance of landing the catch.ps: the wheels are back on my trailer, so sometime after the Bream comp we'll now have to get out for a crack at a couple of our own!.......bring bandaids! ;)

just looked up the tld25's line capacity and the site says it will hold 600y of 15kgekul had 600m of 15kg on his sld30 and pulled it all off put 300m of 50lb braid on as backing then got all of the mono back on so he had 900m on there. but then had to take about 50-100m off to fit the 400lb wind on leader onto the reel. i agree the streach of mono is what you want. but if u are worried about line capacity if you are chasing a fish of a life time using a braid backing will help you if you hook that 8+, once again each to their own. cheers ss

I have a Daiwa Sealine 900,which is spooled with 500m of 80lb braid backing,and then topped up with 50lb mono.A guesstimate would be would be 1000m of line all up.As for running 50lb on a TLD 25,I'd be "concerned" the drag wouldn't let you "fish it to the max".Always been of the impression the "25" stood for 25 lb line.....hence the drag mechanism would be set up for that breaking strain line etc.Still,I could be wrong :)