Fishing caddy/Cart

So I'm on the hunt for good all purpose fishing caddy. Ideally something to store the required tackle, bait, 4rods and the cold bevvies, which can be used on jetties and also on sand but can also fit nicely in the back of a wagon/back seat of a car aloong with the camping gearI have a set of damaged lungs so the lighter the better. Ive been doing some searching and I haven't come up with much at all! Infact the only manufactured cart for fishing ive found is Fishin Mate which is $130 last time i checked.I have seen so many different home made ones which look brilliant however my carpentry skills are as good as my Piloting skills (nill)What do you guys use or how to lug all your gear around?

I've seen any number of trolleys, carts and prams modified into half decent fishing carts.The link provided is the only commercial one I've seen, and on close inspection I found them to be rather flimsy in construction.Points to consider:Steel rusts.It's far easier to pull something along than to push.Large wide wheels will make the job much easier in soft sand, and between gaps in jetty boards.Simple is often the best and most problem free.Lightweight and easily transportable is desirable.

i use an golf buggy with one of those square plastic tubs that u see at the cheap shops... it fits perfectly on the square base.... all i did was pop rivot a metal top on and added pvc pipes to the front on a frame for the rods.... it carrys 3 rods. my tackle box, my eskie, my soft tackle box and my crab nets no worries at all... when i get time ill take a pic and put it on here... good thing about it it all folds up and saves on space. :)

A Picture would be brilliant! thank you!I think i might have to go buy some new occy straps.. the only ones i have are form the days id occy strap a milk crate to my skate board then the skateboard to my brothers BMX bike... and no matter how many times you slide along asphalt you never build up a resilience to gravel rash :(

one of the best ones ive seen was from a gardening shop.. designed for weeds etc etc around the yard... lad had one on the jetty, and made a great trolley, and doubled up as a seat when he put a chopping board on top... cant think where ive seen them , but they are light, ergonomic desgined, and served this bloke well.

hrmmm.. i think I'll have to get my Martha Stewart Cap on and go shopping at bunnings (one of my fave places :) )
How would McGyver handle this? :huh: Hmmm' date=' it'll need 3 rubber bands' date=' a roll of tinfoil, and some common household bleach! :silly:[/quote'']Are you sure that you are trying to build a trolley or "fixing" your grey hair?Not sure.............please explain Pauline!

I like to buy things.. however im keen on the challenge... If i can save lives I can make a damn fishing cart haha3 Weeks LaterHey Waterboy where do you work? I here you have carts......"But maybe i should go in and have a look.. do the price of materials + time + bourbons + manicure comparison to store purchase..

golf cart... hard rubbish or $2 at garage sale' date=' plastic tub $2, pvc not much, and it will only take no more 30 mins to build so all unda $20 should do and 30 mins of ur life withered away :D[/quote']haha you forgot the manicure ;)I will definatly post pics! hell I might even make a facebook page :) She'll be a beast

That would be awesome thank you so much!after having a good look around today I think its going to be a bit of struggle to find the "base frame" im after.. so i think buying one is the better option... then ill just paint it pink or get it with a bedazzeler :o

• 2 months later...