Kingfish in West Lakes?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old thread I know but thought I'd add my $0.01 anyway. I've fished the lake for close to 30 years also not so regularly until around 3 years ago when I moved 5-10 minutes away and I too have never see

So with this long running debate I'm wondering how long its going to take till someone gets some juvenile kingfish and releases them one dark night into the lake just to prove a point. :whistle:

Are you trying to tell me it does not exist :ohmy:

Posted Images

Are you serious??? thought you had your answer last night.... You must believe everything you hear....Next there will be Samsons in the deeper sections;) :laugh: :laugh: Sambo

No need to get smart about it, and no i don't beleive anything i hear! The reason why i put this post up was to see what everyone else had to say. ;)
Guest Brent61southoz

2m bronzykingiesbelieve it when theres proof,pics etcyeah sm there was a 3-4ft bronzy in there, know the guy that caught it, it had been released in there by some sharky boys, i heardas for 2m bronzy well if there was it wouldve been caught and put on every tv news in australia, so i say bs to that, nearly as good as the kingys, propably salmon.brent

hang on !!!I know of two seperate accounts of small 2-3lb kingys being in west lakes, theres a trend to bag people and rubbish them before there is any fact. there has beeen kings and they have been caught inside the lake. get of the computer, drop the ego and get fishing and you might pick one up next time your putting the time in ..... Simon

hang on !!!I know of two seperate accounts of small 2-3lb kingys being in west lakes' date=' theres a trend to bag people and rubbish them before there is any fact. there has beeen kings and they have been caught inside the lake. get of the computer, drop the ego and get fishing and you might pick one up next time your putting the time in ..... Simon[/quote']I have fished West Lakes HARD for the last 7yrs and never seen one ;) and don't know anyone thats has..... and never heard of any......By the way i've never seen you around the lake in that time......Sambo

thats cuz you havnt looked ,me and the boys fly fish the lake often and have fished it most my life, wasn't attacking you MATE but i think you will find that they do turn up from time to time , been a couple of years between reportssi

Guest Brent61southoz
hang on !!!I know of two seperate accounts of small 2-3lb kingys being in west lakes' date=' theres a trend to bag people and rubbish them before there is any fact. there has beeen kings and they have been caught inside the lake. get of the computer, drop the ego and get fishing and you might pick one up next time your putting the time in ..... Simon[/quote']wheres the pics , fact , your dreaming.time in , yes it does get results,ego ?u gooseno ego's here, brentand i've done hours in there also.i got my first 2kg salmon in there over 30yrs ago

A mate of mine rekons he had a 30cm bream on as a livebait and it was bitten in half. that was 10 years ago ,so maybe there are a few bronzies in there! never know....As for kingys ,ive was told many years ago by a cousin that he seen them one morning timmer pde end.i rarley fish the lake nowdays.might try balloong in there for a laugh :laugh:

I wouldnt be suprised if kingys do get in there, ive heard people get rat kingfish every now and then in the port river around the hot water inlet areas, so nothing stopping them from heading down a bit further.I used to live on westlakes, cant say i ever spotted a shark, but it doesnt suprise me if there would be some smaller ones in there, i personally find it a bit hard to belive being a big one in there, I thought the drains have big bars on them to limit the size of what can enter in there.I remember seeing the 10news about 2 people reporting a shark in the same day in there, but dont know if thats a hoax or not.Anyone ever got a eagleray or dog shark out of there?cheers.

I wouldnt be suprised if kingys do get in there' date=' ive heard people get rat kingfish every now and then in the port river around the hot water inlet areas, so nothing stopping them from heading down a bit further.I used to live on westlakes, cant say i ever spotted a shark, but it doesnt suprise me if there would be some smaller ones in there, i personally find it a bit hard to belive being a big one in there, I thought the drains have big bars on them to limit the size of what can enter in there.I remember seeing the 10news about 2 people reporting a shark in the same day in there, but dont know if thats a hoax or not.Anyone ever got a eagleray or dog shark out of there?cheers.[/quote']No but I got on to some nice 33cm snapper in there one year.There was a school of em just down from the rowing club. I got a few on a Gulp Mullet Pogey.
hang on !!!I know of two seperate accounts of small 2-3lb kingys being in west lakes' date=' theres a trend to bag people and rubbish them before there is any fact. there has beeen kings and they have been caught inside the lake. get of the computer' date=' drop the ego and get fishing and you might pick one up next time your putting the time in ..... Simon[/quote'']wheres the pics , fact , your dreaming.time in , yes it does get results,ego ?u gooseno ego's here, brentand i've done hours in there also.i got my first 2kg salmon in there over 30yrs ago
brent thats a definite view, gonna talk to those who caught them and see if i cant get a pic or 2 for you. now for the goose , im more mallard, marabou, and elk hair with a splash of flash n epoxy.didn't accuse you of having an ego .. but if the knife cuts true fella ???educated fishos why couldn't there be kingys in there , with farmed fish released all over the gulf and water access to the lakes .. its more than likely

There is a dam lot of species in there.Now if there are rugger snapper in there which both me and John Walkley from this site have caught, then there is every chance there are small Kingies in there. I hooked about an 8lb Kingie off of Marino rocks so why couldnt smaller ones swim in the pipes just like snapper.If salmon are in there then rat Kingies can be in there as they would chase the same baitfish imo.

A mate of mine rekons he had a 30cm bream on as a livebait and it was bitten in half. that was 10 years ago ' date='so maybe there are a few bronzies in there! never know....As for kingys ,ive was told many years ago by a cousin that he seen them one morning timmer pde end.i rarley fish the lake nowdays.might try balloong in there for a laugh :laugh:[/quote']i actally might try that haha, will let you know how i go manFSW