Get Ready for a Victorian Invasion...

G'day AllDrove from Adelaide to Melbourne today - could not believe the number of vehicles (probably 3 dozen plus) with Vic Rego Plates towing some fairly serious fishing rigs and heading in a westerly direction. I might be missing something, but I'm not aware of any major fishing comp. happening in SA (or WA, for that matter!) ATM.Could it be that they're all heading over to take advantage of the lifting of the Snapper ban tomorrow?!!!Cheersarcherfish :huh:

And the hundreds of "serious fishing rigs" registered in SA will be staying on their trailers for the next couple of months? - yeah, right...Brent - believe me, it is worth the drive. I speak as an ex-Vic who has been coming here to boat fish for the best part of a decade prior to moving to SA (through choice, may I add).There are many reasons which make the drive time more than tolerable for a 1-2 week trip, and even RipoffLink prices start looking almost reasonable for a KI visit of that duration...

Tako, with respect, please consider...Are you referring to the Vics who come over here to spend their hard-earned Victorian shekels in SA regional communities on food, bait and accommodation?Are you referring to the Vics who would be outnumbered by SA boats 10 to 1 (dozens to one?)Are you referring to the Vics who do not have an opportunity (unlike locals) to hammer the SA snapper population every second or third weekend to bag limit (if they choose to do so) 11 months of the year launching out of Metro, Broughton, Stansbury, Whyalla etc?;)

As long as everythings above board, not concerned with VIC's afta all as Spotter mentioned they help out small town business's.Unfortunately some ppl from this state are doing the wrong thing e.g longliners hauling in 70 tonne befor the ban, decreasing breeding stock & cutting their own throats in the process..

Ive got no problems with the Vics coming over. Why shouldnt they come and enjoy the worlds best snapper fishing.I would have no problem going to the Pondage to enjoy fishing for some quality trout etc etc.And what a fantastic trip....I do worry that a fair few of em being real snapperheads will defect to SA on a more permanent level once they have seen how good the snapps are here. So as long as they return home..lolJust joking..but I dont want to see VB bottles at all the good ramps>>lol

Haha good fun to pay out on the Vics. But port Philip bay and that simply do not produce even close to the numbers of proper BIG reds.The armed forces if full of eastern staters, and us SA and ViC boys used to stick together a bit. What with being mexicans that love our AFL and all :)So long as they are obeying our fishery laws. Good on em, lots of S Australians hit the bream and mulloway at Nelson and of course go and have a troll a cross the border for the big fat Cod :):):)Nah, the only annoying thing about this time of year (apart from crowded boat ramps :(. ) is all the bloody fair-weather fisherman hitting the water with no idea of what they are doing and no manners, when some of us like to fish from the boat in a courteous manner ALL year round B)

Nah' date=' the only annoying thing about this time of year (apart from crowded boat ramps :(. ) is all the bloody fair-weather fisherman hitting the water with no idea of what they are doing and no manners, when some of us like to fish from the boat in a courteous manner ALL year round B)[/quote']Gotta agree! As much as I enjoy kicking a Vic, at least when they come over here, they are coming in well maintained rigs, with a decent idea of what they are doing!Makes a change from the annual spring pilgrimage to the boat ramps with all manner of shoddy and poorly maintained vessels being pulled along by Mr Vegetable Head, and just waiting for the chance to hit catastrophe out there!Anyone wanna come down to the boat ramp for a coupla hours and share my vegemite sandwiches while I have a bit of a giggle at the carry-on?
Gee' date=' from the sounds of it, there's a few people here who have NEVER fished anywhere other than South Australia.[/quote']Hmmmmmmmm,the best Snapper,Mulloway and King Georges in the country,throw in a good sambo fishery and a healthy toothie population,why go elsewhere? ;) If you want "game fish"......that's your "problem"......as for Territorians "scowling"......that's their problem :woohoo:

hmmm.... im a victorian, but i wont be over that way again for a few months. i cant afford to take holidays and chase fish willy nilly unfortunatly!funkychook is right, WA, NT & QLD would get it alot more than SA.hell im pretty sure every one of us would love to go interstate in pursuit of whatever it is that blows ya hair back on a regular basis, but unfortunatly most of us dont have the money and work freedom/time to do itbut anyway...i might have to remember some of them comments next time im asked about catching perch/cod up this way ;) your apologies are accepted in the form of bundy cans :P oh... speaking of that, cod season opens here tomorrow aswell

hell im pretty sure every one of us would love to go interstate in pursuit of whatever it is that blows ya hair back on a regular basis' date=' but unfortunatly most of us dont have the money and work freedom/time to do it[/quote']Bloody oath ;) Interesting topic this one :laugh: I can't see an issue as many have said as long as they play by the same rules ;) I would love to go over the border to Vic or Tas and the NT to hit some Barra (already been invited on a charter for Barra ;) )and I'm sure none of 'em mind taking my $$$.But we are a patriotic parochial bunch aren't we :laugh: :laugh:

people from all over australia travel here too tackle our big snapper because for most people its their only chance of catching a 20LB plus fish! Same as we have too travel up north if ya want too catch a barra.. we get a lot of flak from the other state being South Aussies but when it comes too big snapper we are the kings!!

Tako' date=' with respect, please consider...Are you referring to the Vics who come over here to spend their hard-earned Victorian shekels in [b']SA[/b] regional communities on food, bait and accommodation?Are you referring to the Vics who would be outnumbered by SA boats 10 to 1 (dozens to one?)Are you referring to the Vics who do not have an opportunity (unlike locals) to hammer the SA snapper population every second or third weekend to bag limit (if they choose to do so) 11 months of the year launching out of Metro, Broughton, Stansbury, Whyalla etc?;)

Lol i was joking chief haha!, but from an A-league point of view not really :D

just looked on my facebook and Paul Worsteling from ifsih went out with Ash smith from arno bay charters... fish everywhere.... one photo of them holding a 35lb snapps and they were catching some on a ring spanner jig lol lol lol

that thiing is a horse, would have been lumpy out there today!Im keen for tourist dollars as long as i get one bigger :laugh: :laugh:

not sure about you blokes but i proudly call my self an AUSTRALIAN not a south australian take some pride in ya country fellas it is the best place in the world to live and should only be segmented by governing bodies that are to incompetent to run the place as a whole,, i travel a fair bit and fish everywhere i go and have no intention of stopping......

who gives a shit about them coming over here, we all go to different parts of australia to catch different types of fish. otherwise you will never know what its like to catch barra, spanish makeral, bluefin tuna, black jew, marlin and coral trout with a whole heap of other species... if you go on a holiday i bet you will want to go fishing...

agree carps... ill b travelling around aus next year hope on the ABT tour as an non boater and to be honest everyone is equal and were all as one in this country.... mind u i think alot of the guys on here are just stirring and having a laugh...

agreed mate i realise that but i think we all take life a little seriously sometimes i mean shit its not like their here to take our woman and drink our beer now is it havent ya seen the adds they dont even like west end draught hahahaha

A quick clarification, all...I started this topic as an "on the road" observation, not thinking it may have been an incentive to start a bit of interstate bagging. I respect people's right to fish in whichever State or Territory they wish to, as long as they observe local regulations and protocol.Nonetheless, a bit of friendly rivalry (with the emphasis on "friendly") probably won't hurt anybody! Tight lines, all - wherever you're fishing.Cheersarcherfish;)