No respect for others

Hey guys,Southslide, mate and I went for a fish down grange jetty tonight.We had our balloons out for about 2hrs when it got dark a boat rocked up with 3 people young - mid age with a light and started dabbing for gar.They started to dab within a couple meters of our balloons did a small area then went a good 20km/h past our balloons to the other side of the jetty where they continued dabbing.Then back they came to our balloons and headed back to the other side of the jetty, where enough was a enough. I then yelled out and said "Oi mate cant you see other people are trying to fish here. Then got replied with a "Haha bet your not catching anything now" Shinning the light on us. Then ofcourse, angry told them where to go, Which then got the replys of "I F'd your mother and sister constantly, where they contiuned to do laps within 20meters of the jetty dabbing, then as they decided to leave, they then went to southslides balloons, as i pulled mine in as they kept driving over the lines, they then went upto his balloons and popped them, and sped off shinning the light at us.I mean, I honestly cant understand what goes through peoples minds sometimes, the lack of respect someone can have towards others and consindering its another fellow fisherman has me.Karama will get you back oneday buddy, and when it happens, i hope it gets you good.Thanks for reading

if you really want to see a no respect situ just go down the local ramp on boxing day at around 1-2 pm when the s/w picks up lol i sit at osullies on the sand in my boat and watch them o god how did we make it to 6 billion !!!!!!! casting large sinkers at boats is one way of making them move off however one to the head would do alot of damage so i wouldnt do it really maybe just a warning shot across their bow.

id be taking my slingshot with me... perfectly legal to posess ( legal to own without a licence anyway ) i believe and quite accurate with a wrist mount !!!!!!!!!!!!!! only go for the spotlight of course... wouldnt dream of sconning one in the back of the head with a decent splitshot ;)

burley cannons ... lol.. tuna log in the face :laugh: :cheer: :woohoo: hey softy will let ya know when i hit the k1 vineyards again.. can tag along if ya want.. ive never caught any monsters there.. good fun though. i think the dam out the front of the office and cellar door holds some good ones but i only got the go ahead to fish the dams further back in the vineyard.

Yea typical :evil:. Got no respect for others. . Throw a few sinkers at them. Or if i knew what trailer they had I wuldve slashed there tyres haha. Reminds me of a time I was salmon fishing and there wsa a boat 80-100m from shore running over my line. Luckily I had my Saltiga surf outfit and I was throwing lures at there canopy. I hooked both there lines up and snapped them off :laugh:

Same goes for inconsiderate boaties. We were sitting off Seaford on Saturday when an idiot in a white half cab with huge blue stripes and an interstate Rego number (i could only read the last part: 0 or 8 45N) came screaming past at no more than 10 metres away. He was going way too fast to even shout at. He went between me and two other boats. And as Firefly says about the O'Sullies ramp. It's bedlam on a good day. Saturday arvo was chockers when some peanut in a tinny comes motoring in cutting past a few boats and pushing in at the ramp. From what I saw, he got more than a mouthful from some of the guys at the ramp. There were also a large group of teenagers swimming in the mouth to the marina, which I saw on several occasions, caused people coming in, to take evasive maneuvers. Not to mention the idiots who cleaned their fish at the boat wash down pad. We rocked up to launch at 5am on Saturday and while we were rigging up to launch, we saw the gut contents and gill rakers from several large fish dumped on the concrete in the first wash down bay. A little consideration of others is all it takes and we can all enjoy this fantastic past time.

• 2 months later...

We had a similar issue at Mannum over New YearsThese guys in jet skis kept whizzing buy speeding and deliberately coming close to upset our fishingBUTThe son in law and his mate are crazy and pulled out sling shots with what i thought was marbles So every time they flew past they peppered them and hit the mark most timesEnded out he wasnt using marbles but paint ballsSure made a mess of them and their skisThey were not happy when they eventually saw the mess of paint and came back to protest.But they soon took off when the son in law started shooting at and hitting a ferry sign with real marbles and told them next time that is what they would be usingSo next time take a sling shot along fishing and a bag of paint balls

B2 and I had an incident last month . We were getting the odd Snapper and KG off The Bay in around 8 metres of water one hot night, when a boat with 3 or so people decided they apparently had every right to start circling us with a spotlight trained on the water and dabbing gar :huh: They were asked to leave once, twice, three times before they copped it big time, only deciding to leave when they wanted :whistle:I just about fell over when they returned about 1/2 hr after and started doing it again.Mnetal note to selfPack Balloons and Tuna oil next still hot night :whistle:

eill be taking sumthing' date=' water balloons of tuna oil, SS[/quote']Now thats one Idea I REALLY like :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:They probably wont come back in a hurry or at leats if they do you can ask them to leave because they stink too much :laugh:

had an idiot several months ago at wallaroo went under the jetty in a smallish tinny (about 12-14 ft with 4 people in it) had to move my crab net lines to get throughand on a side note to "t1ppo" slingshots are prohibited weapons if they have a brace or wrist mount http://www.sapolice.sa.gov.au/sapol/services/firearms_weapons/weapons_body_armour/faqs_weapons.jsp mentioned towards botton of page

Jet skiers are so often rebels without a cause.A while back i was in a 45 foot boat that weighs over 15 tonnes. This bloke on a jet ski was continually screaming past about 10 metres from the back boat at 20 or 30 knots doing jumps in the waves from the boats wake.Anyway he lined us up from about 200 metres away and come screaming towards the back of the boat. When he got within about 50 metres we lowered the boats trim tabs and accelerated. This had the effect of burrying the back of the boat suddenly creating waves about 2 metres high.The bloke on the jet ski hit them at 30 knots, his ski spirralled in the air and landed upside down about 30 metres away. He was floating face down about 3 metres away from it.Worried he may have been unconscious we turned around but luckily he righted himself and gingerly got back on his ski and idiled it back to the marina with the handle bars facing about 20 degrees away from centre!

The bloke on the jet ski hit them at 30 knots' date=' his ski spirralled in the air and landed upside down about 30 metres away. He was floating face down about 3 metres away from it.[/quote']:huh: :huh: :huh: Jetskiers annoy me as much as anyone and I see the funny side of that, BUT its a bit late to be worried about his health if he had a wife and kids and was dead! :blink: I can understand the want/need for a bit of fun sometimes, but lets not overdo it ! :whistle:

you should be a journalist Afishyfish if youre only going to highlight one paragraph and take my comments out of context.Jet Skiers are typically not the sort of people that are safety conscious. He was riding way to close to our boat and taking great risk in the first place. On nice days i regularly have the pass me doing inexcess of 50knots. I cruise at 25 knots and they pass me like i'm not even moving. Its not safe doing that speed in such a small craft.

I'm with you guysa tool will always be a tool.Respect, well it ain't what it was 20 years backthese days respect needs to be taught a little differently to back thenthese may helpbigslingshot.JPGyes they are legal in SAyes we have them in stock4 models to choose from, mild to wild.Finatic

Ive never really liked going fishing alone in metro areas due to the dickheads that are out and about...But after reading that long list of "should of's" and "I wouldas" I feel confident that i now possess the knowledge and right equipment to keep myself safe from the local yobbos :)Again, Thanks guys for your wisdom:)

Try sitting on the back of a moored house boat(more like a shed on pontoons) in the Murray having a "quiet fish" :fishing::blink: it's not possible. I thought there was a 4knot speed limit when passing any moored vessel within a certain distance?A super soaker(pump gun) loaded with tuna oil and the tuna oil water bombs can be the grenades Let the war begin B);) :silly: