our mighty river

does everyone remember these pickshttp://www.strikehook.com/forum/23-freshwater-fishing/43969-what-riverwell today im heading back to the river but not for fishing im heading up to move everything out of the lower sheds as the river is rising fast and is about to break the banks and flood the lower level of our property :blink: :blink: il post picks on my return tommorrow

Hi Carp, Yea I was in Mannum Yesterday, its less than afoot from the top off the wharfs,the concreate and woodern. When I was out on the river in my Yak, It was the first time when I stop Paddling I didn't dift backwards. Between the Currant and slite wind blowing the other way, I could fish in the one spot.:laugh: Not that it did any good.:( Cheers :)

yea its crazy where we are its only 50-100mm from going over thebanks and flooding the lower flats where we are its weird to be standing on the flats and watching the boats come in higher than my head if ya get what i mean hahaha

With that huge combination of storms hitting the Wagga Wagga region etc last week, I guess we'll be getting even MORE water !Some are going to love it, others will hate it :side: :whistle:

Carps, from the outside looking in, took this in July 2008,castles july 2009.jpg at that time you could walk across the river & not get your kneecap wet.Now that bank in the background is about to breach with about 3m more water up it than back then.Good luck hope not too much a mess is made & Merry Xmas in the attic.Finatic

golly! hope it dont get too high for yas. my parents live on the river here in mildura and im startin to get a bit worried myself.lucky i can jump in one of my mates trucks with an hour or so notice, get what aint insured (sentimentle gear) and get them the hell outta there.ile take some pics tomorrow of apex park here, a few of yas should know it.on a brighter note, they arent expecting a big flood though, "shouldnt" affect any homes etc... but weve all heard that before hey!

gday fellas the waters gone down a bit here again, it will be up again though, as soon as it is ile post some pics.goldy, the whole of the murray is on flood alert mate, its hard to say though, they normally control the level between lock 11 and 15 pretty well because its the "pretty" area of mildura,buronga and gol gol. but depending on how much water we get it very well could go under,its happened before! january is when the big lot is coming they reckon.but yeah its very hard to say, wouldnt let a bit of water put him off though,if hes there and theres a chance it will get flooded he will get plenty of notice to get out. plenty other caravan parks here if that happens

Rivers running fast and deep so everyone please be careful. The undertow is a real bugger at the moment so if anyone wants a swim take heaps of care-maybe tying off a swimming zone should be considered. The backwaters are filling nicely so hopefully good breeding will take place as well as a top rate of yabbies and shrimps. Also time to catch the cod for catch and release is now upon us so maybe some nice pics are in the making.

Guest davidm#2

i was up near walker flat a few weeks bak, and the water in the backwaters were about 2m away from the main road between walkers and wongulla.so im going up there this afternoon, it should be interesting to see wat its like now.its a bit hard to fish, so we just go spearing, heaps of fun just walk around in knee deep water with the spear gun and a pitch fork hahahaha.cheers

I was having a late christmas lunch with the family today. While i was there i was chatting to my Uncle who lives at Mypolonga. He said he is worried about the river bank because there is cracks in it. And if it goes his house will go under. happened before and it might not happen this time but it will happen again. Cheers Goldy