gday all, just bought a george foreman steamer and grill in a bid to loose a couple of spare mickey thompsons...a few of you might think, ahh ya need to do a bit more than that! but a mate of mine, over the last 6months has lost 30 odd kg's by cooking with george foreman products and not eating any pasta, bread, potatoes and knocking out the fizzy drinks, well within reason anyway, bit hard to toatally not eat and drink that stuff.he hasnt done any out of the ordinary excercise so i should be right with that just with my work. i work in a winery (3rd biggest in the southern hemisphere) so theres a hell of a lot of footwork, stair work (4 flights at a time) and skull dragging stupidly long 3 and 4in rubber hoses and and big centrigigal and mono pumps around.so anyway, back on track...im pretty keen on gettin stuck into the fish/seafood in the steamer. ive currently got some nice flathead, gar and rugger snapper.what do you guys think is the best herps, spices etc to bang on the fish to give it a bit more kick?also any other ideas i could use for steaming or grilling anything else?thanks all!

G'day mate, fresh grated ginger, finely chopped red chilli, fresh corriander,garlic,fresh lemon thyme, lemon zest, a little bit of extra virgin olive oil,lime juice all go great with fish, you could make a dresing and put it on afterits steamed or rub it on the raw fish, wrap it alfoil and cook quickly in the oven. Dont forget cracked black pepper also....Have fun...Tim....

Hey Khany,The old lady usually does this in the oven and wrapped in alfoil but i cant see why it couldnt in the GFG.I understand the GFG is for the 'fatty oils' to drip out but if the fish is fresh i cant see how it would be unhealthy.This would probly be more suited for Bream or Snapper.Leave the head on, cut say 3 slits on the outside of the fish, add a little salt to the outside and plant a few rosemary leaves in the slits.Inside the fish add:1 medium diced tomato (no skin) 1 or clove of finely chopped garlic (you could also add onion)a couple stems of rosemarya sprinkle of salt and pepperdrizzle a small amout of olive oil to the outside of the fish and smear with ur hands Wrap it in alfoil.Not sure how long to cook it for but rule of thumb is unitl the fishes eys are white.Up to you if you have the juices but that is mainly to keep the fish moist.Hope you enjoy and good luck shedding the spare mickeys ;) Savage