Going to coffin bay

yeah that would be good' date=' just wondering if there are any hazards i should be aware of[/quote']I can tell you from experience the real hazards are the oyster punts. Some of the boats coming back toward the ramp from Kellidie Bay flog along at high speed, even though there is speed limit in that area. If you happen to be in the kayak near the entrance to Kellidie you should prepare to paddle/peddle pretty quick to the bank when you hear a boat coming. If you leave it until you see it it will be too late and they'll be all over you - you just have to hope that the skipper is keeping an eye out for you, but somehow I doubt it.I caught plenty of snook and salmon trout in the kayak flicking a sp in the rip area just the other side of Goat Island. Theres a big drop off there and the predators wait for bait coming off the shallow banks near the island. Again, if you happen to be over the shallows, brace yourself when the oyster punts go past, as the wash from the boats breaks over the shallow ground. You could just about surf in the wash generated by those boats! Theres plenty of whiting the ledge as well, but when I was there I had real difficulty in getting the bait past the trumpeters.Its a great spot for kayaking - you just need your wits about you. good luck!