cant win it seems

bought a new snorkle and goggle set... an underwater light, and a net...went wading for gar last week, and we got a few good size ones... mate had a snorkle and mask, and was next to me with them on, rippley surface that night , and the light just didnt do it from above the water , but mate had no trouble picking out the gar, and some huge blue crabs...so i bought an underwater light of my own, and goggle set.well. first time under, the snorkle leaks... coughing up salt water isnt much fun, and the goggles no matter what i tried kept fogging up...could spend limited time under water without a snorkle, but managed some killer gar and huge crabs....tell ya though.. underwater 100mtrs from shore, pitch black, and the light blows a globe is pretty scary... that was the end of that trip...now a purpose built underwater light, which has the globe fill up with muddy water and eventually blow just doesnt seem right for an underwater light...same as a leaking snorkle staright out of the bag, and foggy goggles....will save some penies and buy quality set rather than 40 doller jobs...

Hi RocknevTo stop your mask from fogging up just stop breathing lol just joking what you have to do is just before you put it on you have to spit on the inside of lens rub it all around then rinse.Sounds gross but it does work and thats how divers do it.as for the snorkle and light i would return them faults like that are just not good enough.:woohoo: cheers Rick

How come you're swimming anyway?When people go "floundering" at night don't they walk around in knee to waste deep water?

we dont get a lot of flounder around here.. we targeting garfish... can see them from the top, but a lot better with head in the water... also gives me a chance to keep away from the bloody crabs that are buried in the sand...as i can wim above them... bloody thnigs are viscious and will chase me sometimes hahahahahahahey, forgot to add, the aircon in my room blew up as well, had to buy a newie, and the computer chair collasped the other night sending me on to the floor banging my head on the bed post... i just cant win thats for sure.cant find a decent chari to buy... did find one today, and was super comfy..sick of buying cheap chairs and them falling apart... nice leather puter chair was 400 bucks, but they only had the one on show left... told the bloke no way am i paying full tote odds for a chair that has been sat on by who knows how many people, but he wouldnt budge on the price... fine, will take my money someplace else.

My scuba instructor taught me that when you get a new mask, there will be a very thin layer of greasy stuff on the lens which is left over from the lens manufacturing process. What you need to do is to use toothpaste, not gel, to remove this layer. Make sure you wash it out thoroughly, otherwise you will return with burning eyes. Having done that, I use defogging spray before the dive and then rinse it with sea water before decending. Spit in the mask also works well.

changed globe in light... not working.. wire has pulled out... easy fix, and will be easier to get work sparky to wire it than try and claim warrenty... the story thickens.. went to a store today to get a puter chair.. found a nice one, leather, comfy..and 400 bucksthey didnt have one in a box, and the last one was on show... told them im not paying 400 for a chair thats been sitting in a shop with others peoples arses on it. and asked for a deal.. NOPE... no deal,, his choice, so bye bye... will head to adeladie on wend i think, pick up a new alvey and some other stuff ive had my eye on.. wil look for a chair as well.. gotta be cheaper than here...any suggestions on where to get one?

Meant to press reply, not thank you on your last post. Bloody touch phones!! Sounds like all you need is your dog to run away and you could write a country and western song, you're not having much luck there Nev!!As mentioned before spitting in the goggles will stop them from fogging up. Works for me when diving. It annoys me when new stuff doesn't work properly, and seems far too common in today's throw-away society

Meant to press reply' date=' not thank you on your last post. Bloody touch phones!! Sounds like all you need is your dog to run away and you could write a country and western song, you're not having much luck there Nev!!As mentioned before spitting in the goggles will stop them from fogging up. Works for me when diving. It annoys me when new stuff doesn't work properly, and seems far too common in today's throw-away society[/quote'] hahahahaah.. bloody dogs..., tried spitting in them, rubbing it around and rinsing out, didnt have much luck with it... sick to death of buying cheap ass crap... decided adeladie in the morning, buy a snrokling set with flippers, new chair, and the time has come.. A NEW ALVEY... got my eye on would you believe a GEARED alvey... one turn of the handle brings in 1.5mtrs of line, double what an abu7000 will manage apprently, but good luck finding one is what ive been told...yeah long way to go for the stuff i need, and around 100 in fuel, but what the hell.. will catch up with my painter mate and give him a hand on his house for a few hours...

picture this... drove to adelaide yesterday, and half way there, a long time mate rings up... got to talking and he asks me next time im up could i do some welding on his drag car.. hes my pro painter mate, and i owe him a favour or 2, so called past when i got to adelaide.. there started a 4 hr job on the suspension on his full chassis toran drag car...which i truley enjoyed working on... so much so that HOLY HELL..LOOK AT THE TIME...managed to get to bcf at 4:50pm, and went to get the alvey, didnt have a 650c, just a 700c... they a BIG reel,but didnt take to it like i like the 650...tried to get an alvey rod bucket and bag... nopw, sold out, and the tragic floods in qld has basically halted all stock coming from alvey.bought a flounder light, its an led one which uses AA batteries. then as quick as i got there, i was gone....completly forgetting about the bloody snorkle, flippers and goggleshit up office works, and it had just shut...nothing else to do, so i drove home again with a small purchase...hahahaha...but oh well... still had a great day with a great mate, and the truck needed a run.loving my truck.. 2.7lt turbo diesel 4 cyl, and shes over 2 tonnes in weight.. managaged 410kms before i filled tank to head back... took 38.671 lts to fill it, im working that out as 9.4lt/100km, and ran like a dream all the way there and back.