30lb Braid - Can The Rod Take It?

Im looking at putting together a combo to fish 30lb braid on a Saros 4000. This combo will be a bit of an all-rounder for some heavyish bottom bashing offshore at Yorks, Coffins, Eyre etc.In particular im looking at the Shimano Raider Snapper Heavy. They have this rod rated at 5-10kg.Chasing a few thoughts on whether or not this rod will handle fishing 30lb braid reasonably hard and a decent amount of lead?Any other opinions on 7ft rods to fish 30lb through would also be appreciated. My budget for this rod is $150.Cheers. B)

Not sure if it would handle heavy weights for bottom bashing, but have a look at the older Saltist range of rods Salisbury Tackle still have a few and in that price range too.I have the 15lb and the 20lb sticks and they are way under rated.Have used them on quite a few deep water charters and they are absolutely beautiful sticks, will not dissapointReason for me buying one was i was out on a charter around wedge and neptunes and this guy had the 20lb version and slayed most things he hookedGo have a look ;)

Ta mate. Yeah to me the Raider feels under rated aswell, theyre a pretty stiff & gutsy stick. I checked the taper today up against a 30lb Live Fibre and it easily felt just as strong.The only difference was the Live Fibre was a heavier rod to hold with a tad longer butt section and didnt balance well at all with a 4000 size reel.Keep the thoughts coming guys, cheers. :)