well just booked an upcoming charter wekend for tuna as the season is slowly looming again and i like to get in early but doing something dif this year and was chasing ya thoughts on it.. thinking of getting some spin gear for heavy tuna this year,no real budget (excuse the pun) what would you buy..remembering im not after light gear im heading to portland again for a 1 day charter (records broken there last year) then hop straight in the car and drive back to port mac for another one the next day..thoughts ????????

Haven't used one personally but last years Greenly trip on Absolute one of the boys was using one on the kings and sampsons and seemed to do it with ease. :blink: Boy i can't wait for that time of year again :woohoo: :woohoo:

did portland last season also fishie and trawled all day long in the biggest seas ive ever been out in for a wopping 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 then the next week the records dropped twice in as many weeks (jelous much ya recon) so im doubling my chances this year heading out from portand with agonis charters then heading out from pt mac with moody from remarkable.. i figure il either get one good day of the 2 or very tired of catching tuna ( i bloody hope) or another big 0000000000 and rebook for another two daYS :woohoo: :woohoo: EITHER WAY IM GETTING SOME BLOODY TUNA THIS YEAR wasnt really happy with our charter bloke last year -- wasnt to keen to put in the time to travel where all the other boats headed and they all got fish, we spent all 10 hrs trawling over the same patch of water that in my eyes was showing no sighns of producing and after 10 hrs he agreed ---- some sort of stain i call him ----

when i spoke to moody at pt mac the other day he said he was already out scouting for the toonas now he is going to ring me if they come in earlier and i might have to throw another supprise trip in :)

Ypu're talking about Jase Moody r ya ?He's a great fella, and the dog we had on board ( his ? )didnt appreciate the seal that tried to get aboard after a tuna :blink: :whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There's heaps of tuna off port lincoln now. Went out on the weekend and in the end got sick of catching them because they were everywhere. All were release except a couple for the table.I was out in a 50 foot boat but i've taken my 20 foot boat to the same loc ation many times so trailer boat a definite option in good weather.

Photo0182.jpg

Photo0216.jpg

Photo0217.jpg

Photo0225.jpg