how do you cook your squid?

I'm sure the main body/flaps would be great :clap: !

No' date=' guts are removed.The Chinese use the ink to make a sauce, also the Greeks and Italians use the ink in pasta.[/quote']Maybe, but Im still not keen on having to peel a tentacle off my chin if a few suckers get a hold , and popping an eyeball in my mouth doesnt float my boat much :S :P
  • 2 weeks later...

Like all seafood, the 'KISS' principle is best.When I was cheffing I used to do it numerous ways, most popular being with Szechwan Pepper and sea salt.Liberally coat with the pepper and salt, then deep fry in very hot oil for 15 seconds max. Serve with wedges of lime or any dipping sauce you prefer.Next method I used to use for seafood buffets as it prepared well earlier and people loved it. Big pot of water, throw soe white wine in, lemon juice, bay leaves, mixed fresh herbs S&P TT. Put fresh squid rings in and bring to boil then simmer for 30 mins till no longer rubbery.Remove and refresh. Then make your marinade up and throw the squid in. I used to put chilli, lime, corriander and lemon grass along with mirin and a few other secret ingrediants. Would last for a week if I could keep the staff out of the cool room.The stock you used to cook the squid in then has great use in making a Marinara sauce. Nothing gets wasted in a commercial kitchen.

for rcipe thats quite different.... try making a curry and cooking it for a very long time. If you cook your squid for more than an hour, then it softens up again. I saute'e my onions and then add curry, coriander, garlic, ginger and pretty much whatever you fancy. Cut the squid into 20mm squares and throw them in. Add a tin of diced tomato and simmer for an hour or more. Eat with rice. I did mine in a "tagine" wich I think makes any meal taste better.

Ay there good topic, Much the same as using breadcrumbs but instead of the bread try crushing up either salt and vinegar chips of your liking or light and tangy chips. I cut the squid into strips and than coat them in flour, egg wash and then coat them in the crushed chips followed by the deep fryer with hot oil . Make sure the chips are crushed up really small the smaller the better.

then quickest and best way i like em is in strips coated with a mixture of bread crumbs, chili powder,salt,cracked black pepper and chines five spice and then shallow fry in olive oil.I grind all the spices into pounder and then mix with the bread crumbs. No need to egg wash the squid as the mixture sticks quite well to moist squid.mmmmm spicy salt n pepper squid with a :d/