minature size 20# flies i made for trout

Ok, so I decided to test the patterns out and they went well. The trout which normally race over then stop short and scrutinise the fly then take now just very casually came over and sipped them up like a natural, so yes they work!! Success.However the small black and grizzly ones which did catch fish all put massive twisting tangles in the leader for some reason and the others even the cool one with the big tail and antennas did not. Maybe the fine hackle makes it propeller through the air?The fist fish photo was caught on the cool one.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

WOW, bl**dy WOW JW!! Stunning photography mate, you certainly show the rest of us how its done mate B)B)B) Magazine editors would give big bucks for pics of that quality :ohmy: I enjoyed your post as well as it brought back memories of the years I lived in Scotland and a guy called John Reid who wrote and illustrated, a book called Clyde Style Flies which was dedicated to tying exact representations of flies on tiny hooks like yours with feathers like the throat hackle of a Starling, wing slips from Blackbirds, all feathers easily obtainable in Aus ;) There are some copies of his book on the web if you're interested enough to follow upOnce again, great report, it brightened my day ;)