Thanks Rollas. Definitely interesting reading, and boy did they put some effort into that project !I have to wonder though if bridle rigging a baitfish is going to be effective with a tight drag, and assumedly a paternoster rig ? i.e. if a Red takes the tail end first and goes to run and swallow, you're going to miss the hook up while on a running rig you might still get a chance at that fish. using a circle on a running rig seems to defeat the purpose though ? Hope that makes sense :whistle:

.Funniest thing is last trip out with Boyington' date=' I got two double headers of babey snapper on the twin circles.Ie had a fish on each hook of the snelled rig.two fish bit at the bait at same time and one got hooked on each hook. was hell funny.[/quote']Ive seen that happen with THREE fiah on a TRIPLE gang URH :ohmy:

i run twin 4/0 (inshore) 5/0 (deep) Gamakatsu octapus snelled to 40lb jinkai, running sinker(easy rig) those very small but 45lb rated barrel swivel and as light sinker as possible for the conditions. I only run 15lb braid on my snapper reel a which is a 3000 sol. lets just say on the down low (lol) I have boated over 30 this year already. oh and a lumino bead for good measure.

. lets just say on the down low (lol) I have boated over 30 this year already.
I landed around 15 Fri night last ( KG paternoster Rig ) but they were all WELL undersize adb ;) and stop overloading my phone with all those disgusting big fish' date=' and I'll do thh same for you :huh: :whistle: :laugh:[/quote']who counts the undersized ones lol, i would have a 100 easy to my name if thats was the case lol
. lets just say on the down low (lol) I have boated over 30 this year already.
I landed around 15 Fri night last ( KG paternoster Rig ) but they were all WELL undersize adb ;) and stop overloading my phone with all those disgusting big fish' date=' and I'll do thh same for you :huh: :whistle: :laugh:[/quote']who counts the undersized ones lol' date=' i would have a 100 easy to my name if thats was the case lol[/quote']and if you photographed them all, I'd need Two Gigs on my phone, :laugh: You're doing well adb B)

7/0's are perfect for slimeys.I run 6/0s but 7/0's are definately spot on for some of the bigger than 50cm fish.6/0's would be better suited to where you get more 40-50cm fish.Just my opinion though

is that in cicle hooks brett? I use 4/0 and 5/0 octapus and 5/0 and 6/0 if using circles. my opinion no bigger than a 5/0 for inshore (octapus)miss to many hook ups with bigger hooks. just my opnion also;) :whistle:

7/0's are perfect for slimeys.I run 6/0s but 7/0's are definately spot on for some of the bigger than 50cm fish.6/0's would be better suited to where you get more 40-50cm fish.Just my opinion though

is that in cicle hooks brett? I use 4/0 and 5/0 octapus and 5/0 and 6/0 if using circles. my opinion no bigger than a 5/0 for inshore (octapus)miss to many hook ups with bigger hooks. just my opnion also;) :whistle:
Inshore I do like to go a bit smaller, like you say, just as I dont want the fish seeing too much of the exposed hook, so obviously the smaller the hook the less there going to see of it.5/0 circles are the smallest I have in my tackle box.I love to have a broad range of sizes in my box. sometimes it can resemble a tackle shop..lol, but then other times I get a bit low on some sizes..lolI dont have any problems hooking up on 6/0's though. Most ruggers devour them.

With all that in mind...............*whoosh* (looks up as the finer points of the conversation soar overhead).I've decided that I'd better just leave it until I can actually observe (read "pester an experienced Angler in the flesh") for myself how the heck people go about it/ I don't want to head off and look like a complete tool...

*whoosh* (looks up as the finer points of the conversation soar overhead).I've decided that I'd better just leave it until I can actually observe (read "pester an experienced Angler in the flesh") for myself how the heck people go about it/ I don't want to head off and look like a complete tool...

who cares mate get out there the only way to learn and how I have learnt to catch snapper regularly is through trial and error you can get all the info in the world but practice makes perfect so get out and have a crack.

gday i use 60lb jinki pato with 150mm twisted dropper loops.that way you can change the size of the hook with ease.and the twisted dropper loops stand straight out.no tangles.i normaly use 8/0 to 10/0 gamakatsu octopus hooks.that size so you dont hook the pickers.works a treat.cheers