Best Handheld GPS

Personally I'd be using a waterproof GPS designed for the purpose, not a mobile phone app.If you get a GPS from the states with mapping, make sure it comes with the Aust map, and remember GPS units also incur an importation tariff in Australia, so add about another 5% to the price (from memory).

yep they are all good and reliable just dont leave them with flat batterys in them for too long ( eg 6 months) or u will be very unhappy when u got to use it and theres know marks in it ;) i also have the garman etrex $130 from dick smiths can also get a usb adaptor for them of ebay for $25 and transfer marks to ur computer and it also has ciggy lighter conection to save on batterys ;)

Under 300 dollars should get you pretty much all you want ;) I was lucky enough to get my garmin72 secondhand for about $200.00, from an ex-pro/charter boat operator with all the marks I could ever want in it already :) (Thanks again) I also have an etrek which I keep handy in case the other ever plays up ;) Also a great unit :)

I'm still using a Garmin 12 which some guy on a wooden ark with a big white beard and lots of pets lent to me!

Any wonder no-ones ever seen the Ark again ! :whistle: