getting your own worms day

Guest Brent61southoz

Guest Brent61southoz

hi all,with the price of bungum worms @ 9.50 for 3 worms i'm thinking of having a worm catching day , a mere novice i am but am quite happy to show a few how to get their own .for starters i need a show of interest.will set a day and time shortly.took savage lip down the other day , his first time ever and caught 18 at his first attemptbrent

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi all,with the price of bungum worms @ 9.50 for 3 worms i'm thinking of having a worm catching day , a mere novice i am but am quite happy to show a few how to get their own .for starters i need a sh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aERk5gAHJe0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4GnB1gTaM;)

enjoyed the experience today Brent.thanks for opening it up for members.must do it again soon :woohoo: :woohoo: I have some good video footage so will make a you-tube later.

Posted Images

Guest Brent61southoz
What do you catch on these Would they work in freshwater ' date=' has any one triedwould be very interested in a crack at these. :cheer: If I was in town at the time :blink:[/quote']just let me know when, can make it most days, thru the week if needed,als need a low tidebrentdont think they'd be any good in fresh m8
Guest Brent61southoz

well guys ,mite have problems finding times n days to suit so heres what i'll do.individual times/days to suit YOU, whether its a weekday or not , you'll have to tell me when, ok. but cannot be too windy and the lower the tide the better .send me a message , get 2-3 of yourselves organised to meet.brent preferred time is upto 2 hours before lowtide time

Guest Brent61southoz

What did you put in the sock ?????

fish frames, old pillys , crabshell,squid . stuff youd normally empty out of berley pot/bagthere was an older guy there and his bag was virtually dry-reaching standard. old prawn meat n shells , it stunk like hellbrent

so did anyone organise a day for this active outting,umm how about sunday13th for a few hours,and i belive the location was tenyeson is anyone interested, also in bringing a snag or too for after the hunt,could turn it into a bit of a meet and great as well,kids & other half `s welcome (or am i going to far there,lol) hope i`am not taking away from your orignal idea there brent,and its a good one at that,just adding my two cents,we could call it the "come get your worm up"what do you think , ;)

As brent does, use a onion bag filled with rotten fish scraps as your main stinky bag to attract the worms, then as a teaser bait use muslin cloth or curtain material cut into 4 inch squares (you'll need a few of these), fill it too about 1.5 inches with a bit of fish flesh & tie it off with a rubber band.. getting them by hand without a teaser to draw them out is near impossible for a novice as i found out, lucky for us an ol veteran was on the beach to give us the hot tip! thanx ol' chap ;)Scrub hands in sandy sea water after B)