squid jags

I was out the other week, between everyone on the jetty there were about 6 Jags in relatively close quarters. I had a fresh fish on a jag as well. I caught 1 squid, a guy with a blue jag with a small red light in it caught 5. I went and brought one afterwards lol. The other jags around his didnt get touched either, was his first time using the Jag and it really paid off.

orange for me, and green, and black, blue is good too, ummm come to think of it those multi coloured ones are good, pros swear by red head pearl body, fluro is a winner so is natural and cloth covered kills it except when smoth does..... don't get me started on style :silly: Put a turd in front of a hungry squid and it will have a crack, seriously saw one of my little bothers get eaten once :sick: IMO the thing that seperates the squid masters from the boys is the good ol tommy teaser (no hooks), thread one up chuck it out, check it regular and you will bag 3 times more squid than the average (or gun) squidder just using jags, once a squid is all fired up from the teaser you will rarely fail on the old bait and switch no matter the colour or style of your jag, especially in more heavily fished water.Just look out for the idiots chucking their jag at the squid you have teased up, those guys have no class.

IMO the thing that seperates the squid masters from the boys is the good ol tommy teaser (no hooks), thread one up chuck it out, check it regular and you will bag 3 times more squid than the average (or gun) squidder just using jags, once a squid is all fired up from the teaser you will rarely fail on the old bait and switch no matter the colour or style of your jag, especially in more heavily fished water.agree ,and i like to use either the multi coulers with pearl under body or pink to orange for me ,leave the teaser out and cast jigs to or around it,;) :whistle:

In my opinion' date=' cheapo ones will work well when the squid are taking anything, but when theyre finicky, your yo-zuri's shine :P[/quote']Yep Clay is onto it I reckon.when they get finicky the only two jags I will use are Yo-Zuri cloth in Pink and a Lumo Jag.The Lumo jag is deadly as the sun goes down.With the lumo you will see people watch you in amazement as you catch all the squid and they catch bugga all. LOL

Ditto on the tommy-teaser and Yozuri comments.....you can't beat'em, and of course different colour jags seem to work better on different days....Have to agree on the success of the pearly white/red head Yozuris. The el-cheapo jags may work if the squid are relly hungry but HOW OFTEN IS THAT ? I've seen plenty of the el-cheapo jags that sit vertically in the water, ( not weighted right) instead of horizontally (like they should)and frankly I reckon the guys using them will be waiting a month of Sundays for a good bag of Calamari.As for the gate-crashers,I dropped a squid recenty whilst having it half-way up Brighton jetty, this guy rushes over and drops his jag right where it landed back in the water, I'm there "are you right mate?" He went back to where he came from but I'm sure, if I hadn't said anything he would be happy to "cash-in' on the my mis-fortune. No jetty etiquette whatsoever! .......that's my 2 cents worth, and my first post, Wazza