Best multi-piece travel rod

Lads and ladies,I'm on the market for a 7ft 2-4kg rod (give or take a few inches) that breaks down to something that will fit into a very small tube to put in a backpack/suitcase etc.I suppose an overall length of 50cm when broken down would be ideal. I've only managed to find one which is close to what i want but I've never used the brand before so unsure of quality...i think they are called nitro tournament rods? There is one they make which is 6'6" 2-4kg (6 piece breaks down to 420mm) and another which is 7'6" 4-6kg (5 piece breaks down to 585mm)Anyone know anything about these rods or any other possiblities?CheersSquid

I just got the shimano telescopic rod's with carry bag. Since I live in an apartment without a shed to keep smelly fishing gear in space is a premium as I have to store it all on the balcony or in my car boot. They come in 6" to 12" range so I keep both a 6" for jetty and light stuff and a 10" for beach fishing.I never liked the multi piece rods because what are the chances of loosing a piece? Plus the telescopic ones I got came with a handy carry bag each for them making them easy to lug around.

i reckon i might hold out on the nitro rod..... just saw the price tag.... not keen on spending $450I've got a few of those telescopic rods but not a huge fan of them, although they are the only rods i use when i fish in the torrens :)Might go check out the tcurves soon, I need at least 2 of them already ;) If only i had more fun tickets!Cheers for the responses lads

ive got two a shimano t curve 3-5 kilo 1.83m 3 piece it comes with a hard case and breaks down t0 just over 600mm long ( i love this rod)and also the team daiwa 2-4 kilo rod it breaks in 3 also and is just over 700mm broken down the diawa the shiamno has travelled every where with me as the hard case protects it well and has landed everything from whiting to snapper and quite a few in between i have it matched to a fire blood 2500the daiwa is my favourite carp rod its nice and light but handles the bigger modelks with ease i have it matched to a sol 2000 both are great rods and both come in at under $150

shimano just released new t-curve "revolution" travellers series they got a 3 & 4 piece one out i want to get me self one just dont have the $$$ dubs the tackle man is very good with his knowledge on the t-curves maybe pop in and see him?

These rods look the goods, can't remember price, but I remember thinking they were a good price, and definatley a fair bit less that $450, they are $200-$300 if my memory serves me :unsure:

I have a "Tsunami" brand that I got from K-mart a few years ago.......6 x 350mm pieces.....2m overall......rated at 2 to 4 kg.Paig $70 for it.Matched it with a Penn Powergraph 2000 and 6lb line.So for about $120 all up......does the job......sure,not the best or "flashiest" one on the block.....a good "budget" alternative B)

I have a "Tsunami" brand that I got from K-mart a few years ago.......6 x 350mm pieces.....2m overall......rated at 2 to 4 kg.Paig $70 for it.Matched it with a Penn Powergraph 2000 and 6lb line.So for about $120 all up......does the job......sure' date='not the best or "flashiest" one on the block.....a good "budget" alternative B)[/quote']Just quickly on the subject of Tsunami brand...I tried their little size 6 black bait holder hooks and bloody fantastic, sharP as and stayed sharp.So I tried the little swivels, proper ones not the crappy brass kind, black solid barrel ones... And again awesome very happy.I got a 2-4kg tsunami rod with cork grip and nice short butt... Got this as a gift so no idea on price and don't care.... I actually really like this it's one piece and under 2m , but I really like it for flicking lures and also caught a couple of salmon over a kilo on it and it is strong as, very nice action... Have a little 2000 okuma reel... Very happy.So just want to say that as much as I love my shimano stuff and okuma and Penn names, TSUNAMI is a cheaper brand which so far has been very kind to me and I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality.
I brought a Rapala Tournament travel rod 7ft 4 piece 2-4kg cork grip graphite shaft for around $70 in Canada' date=' comes in a hard case which i guess would be around 65-70cm long, they might be available over here? great rod thats caught me plenty of different species;) highly recommended:) cheers[/quote']
I got the name wrong:whistle: its a Rapala Magnum super light travel rod not tournament:)
  • 1 year later...
Guest horses4courses

You should check out my new Travel master multi rod36 rod combinations in one carry tubeSolid fibreglass and tough asStuart

I reckon I saw this one being demonstrated at the caravan and camping show at Wayville not long ago........didn't really impress me,and didn't appear to be too many being bought either :unsure: Were on sale for $99 from memory