$15 a Kilo for Cockles (WT*)

Got slugged yesterday $15 a kilo for cockles and almost died :angry: Last time i bought cockles it cost me about $5 a kilo and a hessian bag full for a slab off a mateLooks like ill be finding one of those cockle measures and heading south to see if i can get some myself.Ive never done it before so ill be doing the research and teaching myself how pretty quick.Already told the missus to expect a road trip :lol:

Got slugged yesterday $15 a kilo for cockles and almost died :angry: Last time i bought cockles it cost me about $5 a kilo and a hessian bag full for a slab off a mateLooks like ill be finding one of those cockle measures and heading south to see if i can get some myself.Ive never done it before so ill be doing the research and teaching myself how pretty quick.Already told the missus to expect a road trip :lol:

.. thats not a bad price form what i have seen going around recently :) However i could only imagine your face since its such a hike since your last purchase :) :ohmy: :huh::( I think self collecting is the way at the moment. I might be getting one also

YAHOO SCOREBought 300 (5kg) frozen cockles today for around $45That should last me a few weeksStill going to head down south one day though with the family to have a try myself but this will do for nowGoing to have to do a weight check tooApparently you can buy 1kg of cockle meat only for around $12 so will do a test and weigh the empty shells to see if its worth the value

YAHOO SCOREBought 300 (5kg) frozen cockles today for around $45That should last me a few weeksStill going to head down south one day though with the family to have a try myself but this will do for nowGoing to have to do a weight check tooApparently you can buy 1kg of cockle meat only for around $12 so will do a test and weigh the empty shells to see if its worth the value

if people are paying 15 a kg for cockles in the shell then a kg of meat for 12 is fantastic value.. what sorta cockles are they and where from??? the thing to do with them would be to brine/salt them and bag them up in small session usage bags. as we all know they dont handle freeze thaw re freeze too well..