heavy egg beater for the surf.

I have the "Made in US of A" Spinfisher 9500 ss,and that is over 25 years old and never missed a beat.Holds 310m of 30lb mono,and casting wise,well there's "better around",but,you get by ;) .....Yalata gutters are only 30 yards out anyway B) ...........And being the old fart that I am,I still have a couple of Daiwa GS9's that are indestructable as well.....smaller capacity than Spinfishers though.Ask your Grand father......he'll tell you :lol:http://www.campbellsprotackle.com/store/product.asp?ID=410B)

• 2 weeks later...

Shimano Saragosa 14000, lovely lovely reel with 10 year warranty.IMO Stay away from Daiwa, not really made for AUSTRALIAN surf conditions unless you like pulling them apart completely every few trips ;) Daiwa reels are really only made for casting competitions imo.Shimano & Penn are best.You won't find any reel repairers or tackle shop owners using daiwa saltiga surf and the like, 1000's of small inner parts and too much to go wrong. overpriced when a shimano saragosa for example costs half the price and lasts twice as long and really is very similar in smoothness anyway.