best 20lb braid for beach casting

the simple fact for me is i dont run braid in the surf... if it gets tangled on weed or big windknots while u cast out u have the chance of losing a fair few dollars in braid.. also the sea bed if it has shellgrit and a rough bottom will wear down .. i have always use mono in surf... but thats just me...

I'm with MM fire line for surf and rocks for me though for slightly different reasons.First off I prefer proper braid for my general fishing but for beach and rock fishing I like fireline and not just fresh fireline but the worn furry stuff :ohmy: As its not a true braid but a fused line I've found when it starts to look a bit fraid up it actually comes into its own, it becomes very compliant for casting and the wear of sand, rocks (smooth slimy ones, no line survives jagged sharp rocks) and weed gets it to this state, but the line doesnt seem to be damaged just the coating used in the fusion process as busting of the odd snag has taght me, add a couple of metres of mono to the business end for a little give and no worries away you go.As a bonus a topshot of fireline costs the same (or less) as a full spool of quality mono B) but I'd go the full spool option as my last spool lasted 7 years of pretty regular work with a couple of reversals and the addition of a little backing to make up for the occasional line lost to bust offs and trimming the working end, which makes it much cheaper than getting a new spool of decent mono every year or so. It may sound a bit weird but it works for me for long reliable casts, just gotta have a couple of "warm up" casts though because it doesn't cast well unless it is wet and fresh laid on the spool.