The reason i go fishing

Everyone fishes for different reasons like trophys, brag rights or purely just fillets. This is why i go fishing.I check the weather the day before i'm going and say yes i'm going. I check the tides and work out the best place and time to go fishing. I buy poo loads of bait and pack everything the night before i go. I normally don't sleep well as i'm planning what i'll do when that massive fish runs. I get up half an hour before the alarm goes off and i'm so awake, like i've had 12 hours sleep. Load the car and boat and say good bye to the mrs who is normally still asleep.I drive to the boat ramp with butterflies in my stomache from the exitement. I look at the leaves on the trees to try and estimate the wind speed and direction. When i get my first glance of the water i go into rush mode. I run around the car loading everything and untying the boat. I drop her in the water and put the trailer and car away. I wade in and start the motor.This is where it all happens for me.............As i putter off the shore into deeper water, the breeze blows in my hair. I have no one infront of me, no plans, no goals and not a care in the world. I can go anywhere i want and try for anything i want. There is no sound on the water exept my little yamaha purring. The smell of 2 stroke is like breakfeast for me. Once i'm a couple of hundred metres off shore i kill the motor and eventually slow to a stop. I crack a bourbon and just look around at the ocean and all the possabilities before me. It doesn't matter if i catch anything today. I just love the fresh air and the feeling of freedom. I've never had a bad day fishing.that's why i go fishing

Guest Butters

reason i go fishing is right now...Will be heading off at 1:00am... i should have been catching some sleep right now.. but i cant cos i'm to excited about going fishing.. everything is looking good.. tides, weather, moons, etc etc... Now all we gotta get the baits in the water..and wait!!!!!!!

The reason I go fishing is----------------->Firstly to get the boat in the water and feel the freedom of just doing it. Secondly, seeing that I am on the water I might as well give the rod a workout as well, I also would like to understand my echo sounder a bit more so I look around and see if I can work out what it is trying to tell me, whenever I think I have that part of it down pat, there is always something that proves me wrong! When I am satisfied with what the echo sounder is telling me, I am at ease with everything around me, I dont have to worry about any other problem that I have, I just relax and enjoy it, I am just as happy to catch something or nothing at all, although I am happier if the effort is worhwhile at the end of the day, even if it means filleting fish upto 10pm at night. I dont enjoy fishing of a jetty or rocks anymore, since I invested in a boat, I dont see the need to anymore, and I mainly fish for KGW, Gar, Squid, Blueys and Snook, although I'm not that keen on snook to eat, except if has been BBQed, and I love being on the water at sunset and looking back on the coastline as the city lights take over the darkness inland------------> that what I enjoy about fishing

I think the reason i like fishing was delivered to me yesterday, fathers day. Took the three kids and wife down to west lakes in the afternoon, set up the two nibble tip rods, baited up and cast out. Sat in the sand with my two daughters sitting on my lap and my son sitting next to me. First rod dips and line takes off, my two year old daughters expression is one of amazement. i give her the rod and she is connected to her first legal bream and first ever fish. we land it and let it go with a few squeals of excitement from the kids and rebait and cast. Second rod dips and my seven year old son hooks and lands another legal bream. It was supposed to be fathers day, i think it was about the best time fishing that i have had in a long time. The look on my kids faces and the time spent with family, that is the reason i like fishing.. Whilst my four year old daughter didn't catch anything, she just loved being there and having fun.

the reason i go fishing is the fredoom the sea to relax even though you can have stresfull fishing trips when thing dont go your way like getting snagged 10 casts in a row {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif and also the fact you can achive realistic goals with patience and passion ive loved fishing since i was 7 yrs old chasing mulloway down the port and gar at rapid bay i love the adrenalin of catching big fish like mulloway snapper and kings theres so much to learn with fishing it always keeps you inrested and you make good freinds on the way its funny you can talk to anyone on the jetty but no where else i feel very privlaged to have a strong passion for fishing as ill have a passion for something for life and those things keep you living and happy if im not fishing im thinking about it dreaming of big fish all the time im seriously addicted {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif NOW WHERE AM I GOING TO GO THIS WEEKEND

I would say fishing is relaxing for me, but majority of the times i fish early morning or into the hours of night, so in that sense fishing taxes a lot of my energy. I enjoy the hunt really. I like planning and thinking of the perfect ways to catch fish when others seem to struggle. I enjoy researching and brain-storming ways to find fish and figure out patterns, and then being able to apply the master plan with successful results.I also enjoy fishing in conditions where the fish has every chance to win the battle, nothing better than beating the odds {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif I also enjoy returning fish to the water and preserving stocks. Im not a big fish eater but occasionally will take a few, but not often...