Where is the CHEAPEST online place to buy Reels?

you got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR SURE........tell me about it!Russian brides........Sexy at 25 ;)B) .....their Mother at 35 :ohmy: :pinch: .......plough horse at 45 :sick: As Zachary Smith would say......."Oh the pain' date='the pain[/u']........."
Enough Stolichnaya and problem solved :P:clap:
.........obviously not married to a 50 y.o Russian "princess"......with the mother-in-law living under your roof as well :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

you got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR SURE........tell me about it!Russian brides........Sexy at 25 ;)B) .....their Mother at 35 :ohmy: :pinch: .......plough horse at 45 :sick: As Zachary Smith would say......."Oh the pain' date='the pain[/u']........."
Enough Stolichnaya and problem solved :P:clap:
.........obviously not married to a 50 y.o Russian "princess"......with the mother-in-law living under your roof as well :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Drink enough Stolichnaya and hopefully you wont be able to tell the difference :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:Then again , maybe dont do that :whistle:

G'day.I'm far from being on the pulse in local tackle matters but I do know that nearly all tackle merchants are getting their merchandise at a grossly inflated price thanks to one (1) gentleman (read: unscrupulous bastard) over east - namely somewhere on the mid-north coast of NSW.Me, personally, I'm far from perfect. I am blessed with the ability to buy some (a lot) of my fishing gear overseas in person. There is no way, as long as my tailpipe points towards the earth, that I would be spend $380 on a reel - I was able to get said reel in my hand offshore for about 60% of that price.I WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT buy something here for $150 more than I can get it elsewhere... I work hard for my wages just like everyone else.I will, however, go to my local shop to purchase leader, bait, sinkers, crab pots, etc. I do this because my local tackle seller provides a service that is "close to home"... ie: there's yellowfin here, there are flathead there.Buying gear from the Internet (offshore shops or eBay) is a good way to save $$$, whether you should feel bad about not spending those $$$ (and more) to get the same gear from an SA seller is up to you. But rest assured that YOU are not the reason for these places going out of business (if, and when they might), it is the Australian importer of all the products we buy that's raping the populous.Rant over. My head is clear above the sandbags... fire away.Cheers.

I'm looking into setting up my own online fishing tackle shop. Let me tell you if you don't have a retail shop front good luck! So far all of the well known brands won't deal with me, simply because I don't have a shop front. I'm sure there are a few exceptions (proving themselves a worthy seller) but I would say that 99% of Australian online fishing stores are also retail, so you're not hurting the local guys much at all in that case. Overseas shops, yeah they have some influence as the Aussie suppliers definitely over inflate their prices.This being said, when I finally setup my online fishing tackle shop I will still go into the local shops myself. I'm not going to be able to source everything and the local knowledge and personal touch can't be beaten.While on this topic... What kind of gear do you and would you buy online? gotta get some research in here somewhere. :P Obviously reels can be an online purchase and bait local :silly: Cheers

I think you'll find all the high prices for tackle in Australia can be sourced back to the tackle manufacturers in Japan or wherever they may be located.Like i said earlier the Australian market is merely a fart in the ocean representing a tiny portion of Shimano and Daiwa's world wide sales.They supply Australia at grossly inflated prices. We're a bit of a cash cow for them. If Australia ceased to exist tomorrow it would have little effect on their total world wide sales.They supply enormous volumnes to the US, Europe and Asia. The sheer volumnes involved mean these continents get tackle a whole cheaper than Australian tackle shops can.Tackle shops in Australia have to charge a lot more for less margin than say a tackle shop in the US.Its the small price we pay for living in a wonderful, isolated and relatively low populated country.

dmac is looking to purchase a Penn Sargus Reel which we can help him with at the same price as the online stores some of you are suggesting to be the best. (he has rang and spoken to us)If he wants it I will be in Adelaide tonight and I am happy to make arrangements to deliver it.We regularly do this for customers in Adelaide (and thank you Brent for your comment).All it takes is a phone call. We don't have an online store but we can provide a personal service and all it takes is that call or for you to drop in.Regards Sharon Compleat Angler Wallaroo & Moonta

Far out, all i was after was some cheap tackle stores, local being better.Complete Anglers have been a great help and Im about to pick their brains again about the Penn Affinity reels. Thanks for your help so far Shaz. Everyone else should relax bout the over seas and local crap! Each of their own. I never knew people would assume and look into things so much... Next time il be more specific and say "local" meaning South Aust instead of Vic for an example.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...