Where is the CHEAPEST online place to buy Reels?

Im very interested in the Penn Sargus rang of reels at the moment but im having a problem with stores around my area not stocking them so Ive being doing some Googling trying to find a supplier other than Gaygay (Ebay) and have came up with "Anglers Warehouse" being the best priced so far. Does anyone know any other online stores that sell really cheap/bargain tackle? Cheers all

Just wondering what you have against ebay. I just got a shimano symetre and a 300 yd spool of power pro braid to fill it with, shipped from the US for less than the reel alone would have cost here. I know that items purchased from overseas aren't covered by warranty, but I only buy reels from proven brands and I've never had an issue. I like to support local shops and I spend a fair bit on other items, but at the same time, money's tight and if I can get a deal then why not?

if the local tackle guys looked after us a bit more then maybe we would buy there more often, more cash in my pocket = more gear i really dont need :laugh: . No cost to me mate im not the one thats gonna lose business and ill still be able to get what i need anyway , i basically only use tackle shops for last minute things , and then i usually find myself at kmart or big w as even their prices are lower than my local tackle store. Example, 300 meters of power pro at the local tacle shop $70 or there abouts , same thing on ebay but from america $28 shipped to my door now i dont know about you but i hate giving my hard earned out for free so the way i look at it i can have 2 spools of braid for the price of one if i buy o/s , sorta makes sense dont ya think. I know every tackle shop has overheads they have to pay , but really so does every business even an ebay shop

All I know is that Motackle says if there not the cheapest they will beat it by 10%Motackles service has been great for me. They get stuff out to you fairly quick and freight isnt very expensive.Definately reccomend them. They have a HUGE range too. I dont want to get into a local tackle store vs internet debate again. That debate has been thrashed out previoulsy.Go the MO!

Buying overseas will soon see the local tackle guys gone' date=' sure you save some dollars but at what cost?[/quote']I don't think that's true. As I said, I still spend quite a lot in local tackle shops. With lots of items it just isn't feasible or worthwhile to buy from overseas, it is either not possible or too expensive to have most rods shipped from the US. Other items such as mono and hooks and bait and some lures it is much easier and cost effective to buy them local. But certain things it just makes good sense to get from the US, like reels(up to half what they cost here, braid(about a third of what it costs here) and small lures for bream and others(a quarter of their cost here). I have a hard time forking over $20 for a tiny lure, that I'll most likely lose to a snag eventually, when that same lure sells for $5 in the US. A lot of my issue is that I'm from the US and was a bit horrified by the price of tackle here (as well as alcohol, clothes and lots of other regular items).

I totally agree with all that you just said Plankton.I still believe the tackle stores will exist.Probably just wont need to sell reels. Only joking.I too have brought reels from o/seas but have been previoulsy too scared to admit it. But Im in the same boat. I buy only Daiwa and Shimano reels and if it breaks down I have to be prepared to replace the part at my expense. most reel parts are dirt cheap.Its funny too because I have had to purchase two parts that were not covered by warranty on a certate hyper that I brought from a non internet supplier because these two parts simply fell off the reel. one was a cap that go on the opposite side to the handle and the other was a roller bearing that had a screw fall off of the bail arm and cause the bearing to fall in the ocean. Because the parts didnt break and simply fell off I had to cover the cost.So for my way of thinking probably the only parts that are going to cause me problems are cheap parts that fall off from use.So Im still happy to save some serious coinage on internet purchased reels.oops...I think I entered the debate!!LOL

if the local tackle guys looked after us a bit more then maybe we would buy there more often' date=' more cash in my pocket = more gear i really dont need I know every tackle shop has overheads they have to pay , but really so does every business even an ebay shop[/quote']I think, but I'm not sure, the reason that prices on some gear are so high compared to the US is due to government tarriffs, not the greed of tackle shop owners, they want to sell you gear at the best price they can and still be able to run a business and feed their families.
if the local tackle guys looked after us a bit more then maybe we would buy there more often' date=' more cash in my pocket = more gear i really dont need I know every tackle shop has overheads they have to pay ' date=' but really so does every business even an ebay shop[/quote'']I think, but I'm not sure, the reason that prices on some gear are so high compared to the US is due to government tarriffs, not the greed of tackle shop owners, they want to sell you gear at the best price they can and still be able to run a business and feed their families.
Correct. If the public purchases a reel online from o/seas and its less than a thousand dollars, we dont even have to pay GST. where as the tackle shop owner probably does have to pay GST on all stuff they get in (Im assuming they spend in bulk and normally order well over 1K of product)So Joe public is already 10% better off

Tackle is so much cheaper in the US due to the sheer volume that gets sold there.Australia is a fart in the ocean by comparison.classic case of economies of scale.I guarantee all the online shoppers would be disappointed if they no longer had access to local tackle shops.

I still believe the tackle stores will exist.Probably just wont need to sell reels. Only joking.

I bought a reel awhile back from a local shop (not a site sponsor, so I won't mention where), it was a Penn Slammer and it was a much better deal than getting it online or from overseas. And I'm certainly not ready to purchase bait from ebay :laugh: so I still spend plenty locally.

Totally agree Nanman, Try and order bait from overseas :P Next time your in a tackle store ask the guys whats the best price they can do? If they do not have a reel size in that you want but have others in the range your looking at ask them if they can get it in and again what price.Local guys will want the sale, will do everything to keep you happy so you come back.What $20 lures can you get for $5 in the US Plankton?

We have tackle shop rip offs here theres no doubt.Yes they will do what they can to get the sale but probably wouldnt have to if there prices were good..Ive seen saltiga rods for instance one shop 450 next shop 500,next shop 659 dollars..you certainly have to be aware where you shop,thats for sure..As for buying of the internet.I say if you can get a bargain then why wouldnt you.We all work hard at the end of the day and some work hard and just get by week to week with familys ect,so why put your familys out an extra 50 bucks.hey theres an extra 50 to maybe get the mrs a gift..you may get brownie points to take the boat out:P

What $20 lures can you get for $5 in the US Plankton?

I recently got into luring for bream in my yak and I wanted some small hardbodys to throw around. I read in an article that the Rebel teeny craw was a good lure and I wanted one of their small poppers as well. I've used both of these back in the US freshwater bass fishing, but the cheapest I could find them here was $17, both can be had for $5 over there. I wanted some Rapalas as well, $20+ here, around $7 there. Of course it's not feasible to order a few small lures and have them shipped from the US, but if you know what you want and order enough to offset shipping costs then it's well worth it.It seems that people get a bit fired up when you mention buying gear from somewhere other than the guy down the street and I had no intention of starting a debate, but the original post asked for the cheapest online outlet for reels and my reply was simply intended to help him out.

Quick question for Gary Glitter please.You have mentioned the retail price of a couple of products - can you now supply the retailer's purchase price for the products to support the comment 'rip-offs'.If you can, brilliant but please do not assume every retailer buys at the same price everytime.

this arguement is on another post. try using that one. how did we know it was gonna get to this? touchie subject for all. us talking bout it means shit and you know it.:clap: over it. all my penn reels come from charkbait usa. dirt cheap and i love it.. and lately whyalla sportsfishing scene does me best deals on everyother so i buy from wes and david. cheers

Tackle store bloke has to eat as well !!!!!!I don't run a tackle shop,and I don't really buy a lot of gear,but I do pop into the local fella every couple of weeks for a yarn and to stay in touch.......sure,throw a few $$$,but not a full combo every week :ohmy: When I spend,I "spend",and I pay a bit more,but so be it.......as said elsewhere,the expertise and personal service goes a long way in my book.There also comes a time where he "cut's his own throat" and gives me a bargain too.Swings and round-abouts.......tackle stores,life in general.......the sooner more people realise,the better off we'll all be ;)