Internet weather forecasts

G'day ABF,I use buoyweather which I've been told is what the navy use and I think it would have to be the best by far! You do have to pay for it tho for the 7 day forecast (approx $70 per year). I think you will find that Forecasts sites never seem to predict sea breezes or gully breezes though either! Glongo

what is the go with these internet weather forecast sites are any of them ever accurate. I have used sea breeze and willy weather and they are so un- reliable. What other ones do you use? and are they any good??? :rain:

Willy was REALLY spot on last night :blink: :S :pinch: :vomit: :whistle: :c :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I use willy and found that site to be okLast Tuesday for example most TV reports winds of 15kph + seas up to 1.5mtrsWilly said light winds and 0.2mtr swellWilly was rightAlso i look at weather radars and mapsOver time you can predict by the isobars when i could be rough and when it could be calmA TRUE story was back in the eightiesThe first wet Australian F1 Grand Prix in AdelaideMyself and a Mate who owned a sports store in Rundle St met in the street at 7am Sunday before starting workThe forecast was for a sunny day with the occasional light showerWe both noticed the clouds as we were coming to work and the discussion once we met was the weather. We both knew the forecast was going to be wrong and we both anticipated it was going to bucket down.Buy as many umbrellas as you can i told him and he agreedAs i was running his second store by the Stag Hotel i didn't see what he bought until it landed on my lap1000 rain poncho'sBut it was still sunny, but we both knew it was coming A few hours later it hit and it bucketed down. I sold 1000 within 1hr and was screaming for more5000 more arrived and it was mayhemAll the retailers couldn't believe how we predicted the weather as they scurried to take advantage of the situation. But my mate had bought the supplier out of all his stockAt the end of the day we were soaking wet and had sold 20,000 cheap plastic poncho's and rain coats between us at $5 a pop and they cost my mate $1eaA retailer approached us at the end of the day and asked us how did we know about the rainWe both just said we were FISHERMENAnd ill never forget one 10 year old kidHe saw something in my shop worth $400 and liked itSo he bought 1 poncho for $5Minutes later he was back and bought 2Then 4, then 8, then 16 and so onAt the end of the day he walked in and bought the $400 item with his dad CASHHe was re-selling the poncho's for $10 inside the trackOne Smart Kid

And ill never forget one 10 year old kidHe saw something in my shop worth $400 and liked itSo he bought 1 poncho for $5Minutes later he was back and bought 2Then 4' date=' then 8, then 16 and so onAt the end of the day he walked in and bought the $400 item with his dad CASHHe was re-selling the poncho's for $10 inside the trackOne Smart Kid[/quote']:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: He's probably driving around in a Ferarri now :clap:B)

After learning a bit about reading weather maps. before I go on fishing trips I usually print off the 4 day weather map page http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/charts/4day_col.shtmlThen I will take notes from this pagehttp://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/marine/wind/index.jspTrying to get the most updated version of both I usually put 2 and 2 together and it usually becomes fairly accurateunless there is a sea breeze, which I think the bureau just assume happens every day in spring/summer unless they forget to assume or guess it :huh: Lows turn in a clockwise direction and highs turn in an anti-clockwise direction :) for us guys learning to read the weather ;)