Fin-nor Offshore series rods

I've had a play with them in the tackle shop and they load up well.Problem is all cheaper rods load up well and feel good in tackle shops.Once they get taken out fishing and receive a few knocks as will always happen they then suddenly break when loaded up on a big fish.The finor rods are very thin and light in weight which worries me as to their durability.I've had cheaper rods in the past that seem capable of lifting a horse in the tackle shop but have broken on me out fishing.I've not high sticked them or anything like that but due to the thin cheap graphite they were made of i reckon i knocked them in the boat and then they broke under weight.

My brother has the overhead model, in which he purchased just prior to the S&H madkeen charter. The primary use for and the main idea behind the purchase, was to be able to fish it off of Wallaroo Jetty and Giles Jetty as well as use it out of a boat on snapper with his Large calcutta and 50lb braid. He figured that on jetties he could skull drag big fish from around the jetty pylons.Anyway, because he had just purchased the rod at the time of the charter, he took it with him on charter and caught many 6-8kilo snapps on it and loves it!!I know that the weight of these fish is not even scratching the surface of what should be possible on this type of rod but the good part is that he loved it, and the working curve of the rod looked nice when it was fully loaded up.My brother did a lot of research prior to buying and couldnt find one complaint about these rods prior to purchase.Hope this is a bit of a help.

You'll catch plenty of big fish on absolute charters.If your budget is a bit limited then i would recommend buying a shimano t-curve. I think they are the strongest well built graphite rods for under $400.

Pillie dont go for second best m8.Nice matching rod for running 24kg on it would be a saltiga 63s or a saltiga combi jerk pe4.Ive got both and caught kingfish to 70lb on them and the action is second to none..other choices for cheaper would be the catalina rods or maybe a saltist demon blood.T curve are fantastic to.Those catalinas are beautiful reels and deserves a beautiful rod to compliment it.Trust me m8 spend that bit extra and you will never part with it and will be really pleased with it..Oh also no need for 80lb rod.lots of fish fall victim to the saltiga game pe3 and 3500 size reels,and after charter wont be much good to you.Pe4 rod is perfect and good for large snapper mulloway and kings to.The braid will snap before your rod does