Older Daiwa Reel parts needed

Rob Wilson at South Oz Rods might be worth a go??????Not sure what suburb you're in?.........he's at Greenacres sort of wayNice reels those beauties.......I had the gray / silver one,was a top reel B) Wasn't a fan of the later "gold" ones :dry: Good luck ;)

Rob Wilson at South Oz Rods might be worth a go??????Nice reels those beauties.......I had the gray / silver one' date='was a top reel B) Good luck ;)[/quote']yep I know Rob ;) From memory these came out soon after the "Millionaire" series reels, possibly before . Definitely liked mine. I retired it ages ago but think it's probably worth ressurecting , Planning on matching it up with a Sabre I recently acquired via a swap for an original Ugly Stick B):)

The old Daiwa Millionairs had to be up there with some of the best reels ever made. My grandfather has one and its in mint condition that he used as his snapper reel out from St Kilda. Still in its original box and all and maticulously cleaned and stored after each use. Every time I see it I just drool.Im hoping to inherrit it.Just hope my Brother or Dad dont get there hands on it.Luckily Im the keenest fisherman of the family so have the best chance.Oh I better go take some fresh snapper around to him so he knows Im thinking of him! lol

Top reels, and if anyone knew of spares for them it would be Rob.Sometimes a used one will pop up on ebay with a few cosmetic scratches from heaps of use.I'm a 'box hoarder' forever, keep boxes from everything, always have.So after reading this post, I went hunting and sure enough, my 6HM box is still around LOL.Purchased May '87 scribbled on the top! 24yrs sheesh! :huh: Here it is, complete with manuals, some all-in-one tool, reel oil and a small bag of couple drag washers, couple screws and couple centrifical brakes..Good luck and hope the 'ol girl gets a new lease of life soon..

6HM.jpg

G'day fishy,The low prfile reel around that time was the PMA 15 and the PMA 35 like this little beauty of mine I think you'll find, is yours the same as this.Posted ImagePosted ImageI also have the Silver Millionaire 6HM in almost mint condition, both are great reels and I've caught alot of fish on them.Just like Tonka, I also have all the boxes for my reels and the 6HM is actually nearly 30 years old and still gets fished B) .Posted ImagePosted ImageCheers Darren

G'day fishy' date='The low prfile reel around that time was the PMA 15 and the PMA 35 like this little beauty of mine I think you'll find, is yours the same as this.[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg234/fishnuts_photos/RODS%20ETC/P3110001.jpg[/img]Cheers Darren

Thanks Darren :clap: . I can see why ppl are thinking Millionare 6MH by the third shot :whistle: Definitley very similar, though yours looks a little more "chunky" than mine. The side shot makes the profile seem a bit higher on yours :unsure: Mine also has the more flattened knobs on the handle. You've got me thinking I certainly made a mistake on the model number, but cant check it just now, as its being cleaned up at a friends place.Assumedly the PMA 15 was a smaller reel ?It will be interesting to compare the two once I get a shot of it up here though ! Mines definiteley done some work, including my first ever Red that went pretty close to 13 Kilo.Thanks again. PS this link might help you and others out :)http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/