Battery powered aerator

I have been through a few aerators now and the best one I've had for the cash so far has been one of the jarvis walker ones. Unlike most things with their name on it, its been really good. It's just over a year old and still going strong. Been dunked a couple times but the gasket seperating the two halves of the body and sealed switches seemed to do the job and it hasn't shorted or shat itself. Battery life is good, and terminals haven't started to corrode yet (again probably because of the gasket). The plastic of the body itself is pretty sturdy, its been smacked around and dropped/stepped on heaps of times and is still sweet. The cord that comes with it is long enough (aerator I had before this one was way too short) and doesn't leak air. That's one of the biggest things I've found with cheap aerators is if the tube is too hard it doesn't seal and air leaks. Only main criticism is that it kinks because its so soft but aside from that I reckon you couldn't go far wrong with it. Reckon it was about $15 bucks.Here's the link;http://www.jarviswalker.com.au/tec-2-speed-aerator.html

Pretty much the same......I have an el cheapo from K-mart......I think it's "Force 10" brand.Done the job for me over the last 3 or 4 seasons without any fuss.Ran it over the week-end for a couple of 8 hour sessions. B) These days in the "throw away society"we have created,what's 10 or 15 bucks every 4 years or so? :woohoo:

I have a Aqua One 250 battery air pump, was around $15. They are a reasonable brand & has worked well so far with a good 150L/H single output, which is what you want to be considering too. Used to work in a place that sold there brand of water pumps & they where fine also.

Mine uses D size batteries which are a pest. If they sell em now with AA batteries it would be way better because you could use re-chargeables.$15 for the unit, then $15 a mnth worth of batteries is bad economics :SAlso, I reckon the oxygen the fish get from being in the tub with the aerator is more than they ever get, and I reckon they get high from it :woohoo: So if you're going to use live bait at all, it's worth chucking the fish in with the aerator even for a couple of minutes. They recover from their capture real quick and then get pretty buzzed from all the extra oxygen...... Makes them kick really good when you cast em out ;)

have had a couple of jarvis walker ones in the past and personally would not buy another. from the start the amount of air coming out was pathetic couldnt keep about 20 small trumpeters alive in an esky for twenty minutes .have just bought one from ebay (12v adapter plus 2 batteries) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260682960758amount of air pumped is great on 12v and batteries keep trumpeters alive and happy all day on jetty (about 5 hours) without any noticable drop in air supplyas to the issue of only being able to use d and not rechargeable batterieshttp://www.thebatterywizard.com/prod52.htm we have used these successfully in lots of devices from kids toys to torches and work well most battery type places should have or be able to get them