How did your SuMMer Go???????

How did everyones summer go.... What were the highlights ??????Well.... It's taken me a while to admit it... I've ignored the calendar for long enough....Summer has gone :(I fished all winter last year and will do it all again in a coupla months. But for now, I'm looking forward to those curious mixed bags that the transition months give us. I reckon I had a great summer. It was nearly all metro... And a high percentage of landbased stuff nowthe boats gone... But great none the less.Posted ImageGot some nice early season Snapper...Caught a big Salmon that I think was just a GIANT fat salmon trout that forgot to migrate. Found some yellowfin whiting and had a good year on the warm water bream.My highlights would definately be;-the metro trip out to the 20m mark when our hastily put together shark rig landed my mate a 6ft hammerhead.Posted Image-landing a over 60 snapper in 8m of waterPosted Image-and of course finally landing a legal mulloway after wasting a third of my summer chasing one :)Posted Image

cant complain too much got myself a p.b bream (44cm),no mullies though, di score a decent 37cm salmon up at old noarlunga just before xmas that was different besides that the times ive had with the fellas ive met from here over the summer are ones i wont forget too quickley from catchin small reddies with the boys too hitting salt creek for the first banga's trip with plenty more great times too come bring on the winter salmon sessions an the bragging rights :laugh: :laugh: .MM

was a pretty lean summer for me and because all my fishing is landbased had to work hard for minimal catches, but the highlights were definatly the whiting on poppers had some great sucess on these tasty little morsals and didnt spend a cent on baits etc. just 1 lure used the whole summer!! cheers snake p.s. congrats on your efforts though jack u did pretty well mate

Got that hammer in the pic up top to start with, plenty of snaps up to a couple of kilo's (no big ones unfortunatly), gave Jack a number of fishing lessons with metro land based mixed bag sessions on Bream, ST's, sweep, drummer, zebra fish, trevally, tommies, mullet, pinkie snaps and whiting, (often all in the same session) had a few good yorkes sessions also resulting in the highlight for me, PB 44cm 3 1/2lb bream. (insert photo here :P )Breampic800x600.jpgYep, was a good summer.

PEELIN.... That hammer you caught will stay with me for a while... Great morning out mate :) and your Bream there broke my heart..... Super jealous.... But after outfishing me week in week out it's a real shame you had to work while we went and caught 1 million school mulloway :P :P Bring on winter I say.... Surely it's my turn to rule the Saturday morning sessions ;)@Jimbo I agree... What summer????@Snake... Nice work with the popper I assume you were getting into the flats YFW.... Wish I had more of a chance at that myself Keep on Bangin BANGA.... G luck with the Kingies up at the powerstation mate.... I will head up there one day hopefully..... Now that would be a fish to remember :):):):). Nice job at Ards too... You'll have to show me the ropes next year ;)

What summer ? did we have one ?

yeah mate you were too busy meeting every bloody mully there is in the onk too even notice it was summer :laugh: :laugh: .MM
Showed us all how it's done Jimbo.... Congrats on the wedding to Mrs Jimbo too.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Some top fish there guys...For me...It's been a summer chasing Redfin with pletny taken over the kilo mark upto 1.45kg ( from memory)Crabbing, garfish were thick... the odd good haul of KGW althought the YFW were a standout from the shore this sumemr... recently it's been the snapper though....Thinking back though I thinkthe all time greatest session was landing 4 Rainbow trout over 50cm and 1.5kg in a session.The SAFWAA dams have been hot all summer as has LBB's dam with the late arvo sessions on fly.....ahhhh..summer !!!Bring on winter though..full blown assault on the salmon this year !!! and I reckon a port mully session or 3. Who can forget the winter KGW either !!

had a great summer, very sad to see it done :(Learnt how to pump nippers and had heaps of sessions chasing YFW - getting a dozen or so each trip. Had a few great trips to the rocks (not as many as I'd like) and caught a few squid and garfish.Got my first metro snapper around 6-7 kiloSpent plenty of time casting flies early on and improved a lot at thisAlso some great redfin, biggest not quite at Jagger's level but i cracked 1kg a few times.Kinda dissapointed to be chasing salmon and not much else for the next months!

Wow YET another summer has been and gone.I did okay on the snapps this season. Kicked it off early on Mad Keen with some mad action on plastics and many 7&8 Kilo snapps landed on Grubs. Blew my mind.Then followed it up local down south with some fantastic and memorable sessions with B214.Highlight this summer was the first time me and B214 finally started to find some southern reds and managed to put the first 3 local reds in his boat on unweighted baits. I had never fished unweighted before and the way they took off with the bait was unbelievable. Then to follow that up by seeing B214 land his first Genuine Big Red was another MASSIVE highlight.Ive also got to thank Jaggs for a wicked trip on the 1kilo plus redfin. A morning I wont forget from this summer.Rock on and May the winter bring everyone 5lb Metro southern salmon and more REDS.AND MAYBE THE ODD TROUT OR THREE :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: OH and I broke my PB red of 9.1kg and finally christened my saltiga big time this season. But for me although the fishing was good, it was the hanging and fishing with mates that stood out for me. Cheers to all strike hookers for making the last summer so great.Cheers!!

Nice topic Jack, good reading.Summer started with a bang for my son and me as we were LUCKY enough to be on the crazy charter day organised by S&H member Shauno, so I caught my 1st (2nd, 3rd....) big Snapper and my 1st big Snapper on a soft plastic :woohoo: . I’ve been on the soft plastic learning curve this summer, a very steep curve and one that I’m only at the bottom of :unsure: , but I have managed to land my 1st legal land based Bream, Flathead and Snook and my 1st (not legal, yet) land based Snapper, 33cms, all on a soft plastics :cheer: . Also managed to get a few feeds of Gar and Crabs. IMHO one of the best things about summer in SA is to be able to chuck in a net/rake and get a feed of Blueys, Crabs and beer the perfect combo, yum yum :d/ . So it was a good summer, lots of 1st achieved, but plenty more to keep me out fishing :fishing: .

Compared to the previous summer it was a very quiet one fish wise for me, Still had some good fishing trips though. Got to take my daughter on her very first Salt Creek trip :), Her second Salt Creek trip was a week later because she loved it so much the first time :cheer:. Australia Day was celebrated by purchasing a boat :boat::clap: So it wasn't all bad I guess ;)

I had a good summers fishing. After being out of the game for close on 10 years, I purchased my first boat about 18mnths ago, and last summer was spent getting used to her, working out the suitable conditions and what species can be chased in such a small craft. So after a very quite winter with a donut on king fish in PA and a dissimal catch of local ST's I was keen for a nice assult in the inshore snapper population.With lots of research and a few pointers from fellow Hookers, I got onto a few reds, and also dropped a few. Plenty of edible by-catch, but still caught too many banjo's and rays. Still managed a least one pink every outing except for the one donut in crap conditions. Pb of 84cm from me and 93cm in my boat by a good mate.Proved I don't need ( but still want) a expensive or big boat to get onto them and now truely hooked on the red dogz. I havn't packed up the abu just yet tho, I will be out again within the next month on a late season assult.Regrets:Not making the effort to head to rapids to chase the kings, and didnt get out local for a feed of bluey's.Enjoyed this close nit forum and its contributers and all the posting. Had a good time out with close freinds, every outting having its highlights.Looking to winter:Hope to redeem my self on the local ST's and work permitting another assult on the PA kings. Better prepared and with more knowledge, I look forward to writing the report on how to boat a 1m + King in a 13ft tub. If you thought my last report was long, or got sick of hearing about my 84cm red, wait till his majesty is in my grasps!! :)

@ALE.... I know what you mean with the banjos and Rays... I'll add pt jacksons in there too! Soooo so many... People kept telling me to get my bait off the bottom (I like the running rig with easyrig sinker) but even with the paternoster they were in plague proportions. I never knew you only got back fishing recently.... Far out, your smashin it up out there :clap: I reckon the Kingie is yours this winter mate ;) can't wait for the ten page report :lol: Tight lines

Yeh,used to fish every weekend as a kid,but licence , cars and girls took a front seat from 18 on. But for the last 18 months I've rediscovered the buzz. I'm especially loving being at the helm of my own boat. In regards to pbs, the snapper is achievable,so is my king pb,but I'm comfortable that my mullie pb will stay put. Regardless, every fish hooked gives a great buzz,its a great pastime and good fun sharing it with all likeminded folk :)

I had a pretty good summer with lots of great memories. Being a casual employee and having the majority of summer off with uni holidays resulted in fishing trips just about every week. Had the good days out and the average but always managed a feed, plus its mainly about having fun with mates anyways. But i was lucky enough to get a few good metro reds and break a pb of landing a 6.5/7 kg or 76cm red on 4lb line and 14lb leader. The fish took 40 minutes to land and i was freaking out that i may loose her every one of those single minutes haha.I already cant wait for next summer! :fishing:

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG