Hi HookstersJust throwing it out there, how many others are as crazy as me and still go out fishing whether it be land base or on your boat. I really don't care about the rain myself unless it has strong winds behind it as this then becomes very uncomfortable, with the rain i also don't mean i would be out there if it is bucketing down.Just interested in your views and whether it has any effect on your fishing. :lol: :woohoo:

Hey Rickster, I normally dont mind donning the rainbird jacket to chase some trout up in the hills but agree once it starts bucketing down it can be the pitts. But if its only constant light drizzle it can still be fun walking the hills fishing the fast flowing deep runs in the hope of hooking a nice trout.This winter season, Im hoping to fish for some snapper and hoping that some of my mates are like you and dont mind the rain and will still get out there in there boats.A warm thermos of coffee or a hip flask of Black bottle brandy could be a little persuader that gets people off the couch and out there fishing.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :clap: :clap:

Certainly affects me as a boat fisho.Just driven up the Esplanade through Brighton and errr....... I ain't going out for a few days,even though I have the free time.At least this blow will stir the fish up.A fave Snapper spot of mine should fire up after such weather :fishing: Need some flat ,calm weather straight after though as it's a long trip.

Agree with TYKE.Straight AFtER the rain and blow, some of our inshore Snapper spots should be nice and ripe :):):) maybe Saturday will see us test this theory.I think re fishing in the rain, the barometer is more important. Ie if it's just dropping, it should be good.But once it's dropped out my experience is the fishing shuts down until the pressure climbs again ;) And then with like a high pressure cell back in the picture, the winds ought to settle and the fish come inshore and feed up under the cover of the murky water :):)This obviously is ONLY my observations and opinion :whistle:Oh and I love a rain soaked Salmon session in the winter.... Them Salmon are crazy :silly:

Yeah there are productive times either side of inclement weather- you can experience a hot bite when the barometer drops before the weather hits, and then again a few hours after the rain wnen the waters settling and there's plenty of molluscs and crustaceans stirred up and kicking around.....bring on the snapper

Fellas, nice weather hey, i cruised down the esplanade here in aldinga just to have a look, waves were nasty wind was blowing hard, i enjoy fishing in the rain if there's no wind but wind takes the fun out of it, i wonder how the wind affects casting out with a 14 footer, but with my poxy fish at me feet rod, it sucks. I always found out in the boat after a good storm fishing was at it best, im planning tomorrows fish of sellicks, willy weather says wind should be dropping by morning so could be a good catch :clap:

Had my best ever session at Waits in 30knt SW winds and torrential rain.... Me a my 2 mates chucked on wet suits and threw 80g raider lures into the head wind to score a big school of 3 to 4kg salmon till we were to stuffed to cast.... Was our first ever surf session with lures B) B) And the whole beach to ourselves B) Will never forget :) So rain, hail or shine.... always worth a castSambo

Had my best ever session at Waits in 30knt SW winds and torrential rain.... Me a my 2 mates chucked on wet suits and threw 80g raider lures into the head wind to score a big school of 3 to 4kg salmon till we were to stuffed to cast.... Was our first ever surf session with lures B) B) And the whole beach to ourselves B) Will never forget :) So rain' date=' hail or shine.... always worth a castSambo[/quote']would have been difficult to cast out in that........no seaweed either???

love fishing in the rain.. and for what i do , if its got some wind behind it, all the better.. one of the best trips fish wise ive had was when we had to turn our back to the water because the rain was that hard it hurt... couldnt see much of the water anyway... but the run off dirties the water up, and that means land based snapper in close... screw the rain, im going fishing in it...

when i go out fishing i dont even check if its raining/sunny just check the winds' date='[/quote']DITTOSpent a session out the other week when it poured all day Loved itAs soon as the wind picks up im heading for the pub
Probably a Friday??We were out in that muck - but came in against that crappy easterly blowing rain so hard you could not see.Not a good thing in a boat!

I absolutly love the rain and most stormy weather. It certainly doesnt put me off from going for a walk or going fishing... However most times when it gets bad enough I end uo with a callout or two... or 40 :angry: This year I dont think i will be out as much after the 3 bounts of pneumonia in 9 months, I think its time to start taking it easy :) maybe stay home and watch some more footy... Or make myself a waterproof snuggy :laugh::P:blink:

Had my best ever session at Waits in 30knt SW winds and torrential rain.... Me a my 2 mates chucked on wet suits and threw 80g raider lures into the head wind to score a big school of 3 to 4kg salmon till we were to stuffed to cast.... Was our first ever surf session with lures B) B) And the whole beach to ourselves B) Will never forget :) So rain' date=' hail or shine.... always worth a castSambo[/quote']would have been difficult to cast out in that........no seaweed either???
School was in a big deep gutter only 20m from shore...... no seaweed just big waves and lots of wind and rain....Sambo