AQUATIC PESTS FORUM

Just received this via email.Hi Nathan and Peter, On behalf of Biosecurity SA I’m organising a forum on aquatic pests- weeds, fish and reptile species that will look at identification, what to do if a new species is found as well as some case studies on existing incursions. These forums are free to attend and will be beneficial for anyone working or interested in our freshwater aquatic environments in SA. Keith Jones from SARDI passed on your emails as key contacts that could help by sharing this information within your fishing groups. I’d like to ensure that recreational fishers are aware of the upcoming forum as it will look at some of the high risk freshwater fish and weed species that they may come across. I have attached the flyer, and an invitation letter for your information. Please let me know if you can assist, or would like further details. Thanks,LeahThis is the inviteAquatic Pests ForumsThe NRM Biosecurity Division within PIRSA is pleased to offer a free full day forum on aquatic pests. The forum will focus on the identification, policy and management of exotic invasive aquatic pests, including weeds, fish, reptiles and amphibians in South Australia. Three forums will be held on the following dates:• Monday 11th April at Gawler Arms Hotel, 102 Murray St, Gawler• Tuesday 12th April at SARDI Aquatic Sciences Centre, 2 Hamra Av West Beach• Wednesday 13th April at PIRSA Loxton Research Centre, Bookpurnong RdThese forums will aim to increase awareness and improve early detection and rapid response to incursions of aquatic pests. The forums will target Authorised officers, Water watch staff and others working in aquatic environments, including volunteers. As well as identification of key species, the forums will also cover State policy for incursion management, and presentation of case studies on previous incursions. The forums will start at 9:30 am and finish by 4:30 pm.As a professional working in the environmental field, this forum may be of interest to you. Please also feel free to share this opportunity with other interested colleagues. I have enclosed a brochure for your information and also for further advertising purposes.RSVP is essential so please register by emailing leah.feuerherdt@sa.gov.au or calling (08) 8463 7427 by the 4th April. Please also contact me if you would like further information.Yours sincerelyLeah FeuerherdtRural Solutions SAOn behalf of PIRSA NRM Biosecurity

Interesting Mr W B) I wonder if theyve heard of the Eastern Water Dragons starting to establish themselves in the Adelaide Hills area ( from what I'm told anyway )http://rainforest-australia.com/Eastern_Water_Dragon.htm
Where mate' date=' that is interesting' date=' awesome animals[/quote'']U possibly know they're a popular pet, and I'm told a few escapees might be colonising some areas. All I'm told so far is the adelaide hills area. Will post more if I can get more info :unsure:
  • 2 weeks later...