Tommies @ the Central Market

These ones still had live lice on them.All in the freezer now in vacum bags just like the bait shops. 10 to a pack and enough for the easter break.If you dont have a vacum sealer get one. They actually save you money.

Couldnt you just whack em in coles bags. Im thinking cos its only bait it doesnt matter about freezer burn or anything and only feeding em to Pig snapper???

You can pick up a machine off ebay for around $200. They are not all the same though. There is one that allows you to adjust the pressure which is the one you want. Sunbeam one does not do this.Once you have them sealed they have a much longer shelf life, take up less room in the freezer as they are flat and when defrosted look almost like they were just caught. Tommies dont freeze well and tend to be squishy as soon as they defrost if they have been just frozen in the plastic back.UHR, I think fresh is best, but store bought frozen tommies look like they have been cooked in the sun before they are frozen and tend to be mush when defrosted so when I butterfly fillet them they fall apart. Then the frame gets chopped up as burley and dumped in the berley cage.I also find that when you put fillets in they come out a lot better for eating as well. They dont lose as much moisture when you defrost them.

i bought one of these vacum sealers for $60 including 2 x rolls of free bags + i bought a few extra rolls of bags too. URL removed upon request of url's webmaster it has 2 x pressure sealing modes and does a great job, the biggest "whole" snapper iv'e done with it is 97cm. done approx 50 whole snapper with it this season and quite a few fillets too. i also use it for whole fish baits i catch, and agree it keeps baits a lot better and fresher even slimeys come out usable.best $60 bucks iv'e spent in a long time...

Edited by bjorn2fish
URL removed upon request of url's webmaster