STEAK, the perfect steak?

Nev and i are arguing over what constitues a well cooked steak. nev likes his steak wafer thin and charcoaled to cremated temperatures and cooked well done in grey.. myself.. i like a steak with a nice pink inside colouring.. kinda like this..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imageso men... please... opinions.. put forth!should a steak be able to be carbon dated its that over cooked??? or should a steak just about eat the salad off your plate before you do...MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

medium rare for me...hold your index finger + thumb together - feel the fleshy base of your thumb - if steak feels like this = rare2nd finger = medium rare3rd finger = mediumpinkie = well doneBefore going on the grill of a red hot bbq (oil up the grill to stop sticking), salt + pepper, rosemary and garlic on both sidesquick minute, then turn 90 degrees to get a mad criss-cross pattern going onwhen it first starts to 'bleed', it needs to be turned.jeah

ours were pan seared.. then oven baked, also on the menu was abalone, smoked shark, smoked sting ray and snapper steaks.. all seafood supplied and caught by me ;) the steak was from the markets i think in the city..was a great evening washed down with copious amounts of good reds ;)

My old man's been giving me some tips on cooking steak (he's a chef at very renowned restaurant ) season with salt pepper, oil steak not pan or grill, don't cook straight from the fridge, turn steak when beads moisture on top, turn once only. Let rest off the heat before serving. Should judge wether its cooked or not by pressing rather than timing. Talking to mates that are chefs they reckon med rare is best and I agree

hahahahaah... THIS particular steak, to me, HAS HAD ITS ARSE WIPED, AND BEEN THROWN ON A PLATE... im SURE it went MOOOO when you put the fork in... not for me thanks muchly... SANDWHICH steak, minute each side, and on bread... marinated works well...i had a steak in adeladie a few mths ago, " how do you like steak sir?" CREMATE IT...VERY WELL DONE.... NO BLOOD PLEASE...now this was a 45 doller steak, that when i cut , OOOZED blood, i sent it back, the chef came out and said that IS very well done... sorry chef, i will have a refund please... i said NO blood, and meant it... kfc went down well after i left...

My steak starts out as a Aberdine angas grass and grain fed preferably around 2 years old Must be hung for at least 2 weeks after it is Slaughtered, my favorite cut would be 50 mill thick rib eye rare to medium rare. Cooked with care and rested served with a side order of more Steak:clap:

I've been getting some killer meat from a source outta Lobethal, i believe the beasts come outta Woodside (no, not refugees lol), aged for 2-3 weeks and the steaks are absolutely magnificent.I like the fillet steaks, but any good steak turns me on. Medium is my choice, just slightly pink in the middle and like UHF no sauces just salt and pepper, i will also cook some VERY hot chillies on the barbie and eat it with the meat, my GF bought me some steak rubs and seasonings over from Texas and they're damn good!

I've been getting some killer meat from a source outta Lobethal' date=' i believe the beasts come outta Woodside (no, not refugees lol), aged for 2-3 weeks and the steaks are absolutely magnificent.[/quote']That source is,nt from me either but would love to know, i can see the steak on the BBQ now whilst out on the water. :woohoo:

I tend to barbeque at least once per week and I look for a marbled meat for flavour, instead of something too lean.I'm a big fan of Black Angus! Check out the locally produces TEYS, it's world class and used for export: http://www.teysbros.com.au/Favourite cuts would be sirloin or oyster blade.I dont want my steak an inch thick though! 1-1.5cm is ample for a good steak.Remove the meat from the fridge prior to cooking. Oil, salt and pepper on the meat.A hot grill, not messing with the meat when it is on. One turn is all it needs, and more will see it toughen up.Rest before serving to allow the fibres to relax.Normally no gravy, sauces or any other stuff on my meat unless it's a cheaper cut.I prefer mine medium, the wife likes hers medium rare, I dont care how you have yours.

All this talk of grainfed beef with marbled texture at wholesale prices is starting to get my mouth watering..and so close to lunch time too.I obviously need some new mates who work in the meat trade.would be handy at summer time, cos god knows a decent steak can cost the world these days.Great work Ranger, youve got me thinking of summer bbq's again and thats allways a good thing.Last night I had the barbie going but we cut the steak up cos it was only crappy supermarket stuff and made shazzlicks.which in the end was good but all that fatty food just didnt satisfy...well thats now apparent from my drooling over Rangers Post.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well hung and medium rare :)If you are ever in Mt Gambier' date=' I strongly suggest a meal at The Barn Steakhouse.Aged for 60 days minimum, cooked just right. Best. Steak. Ever.http://www.barn.com.au/steakhouse.html[/quote']
Terra Rossa steak down this way;) Did you do the 1kg fillet Kingsley?cheers:)

nah not the big boy, its about quality not quantity.I'd rather fully enjoy a smaller steak than be totally stuffed struggling through a monster just wanting to get to the end of it.The filet mignon was pretty awesome (what isn't better with bacon?) as well as the hereford porterhouse.Definitely have to plan a trip down that way again.