Spencer Gulf GPS Marks

I spend a lot of time fishing in and around Port Victoria in SA and intend venturing out this weekend into the middle of the Spencer Gulf to the steamer channel but have no specific place to head.Does anyone have any marks out there they would be willing to share as a starting point?

GEE not a bad Question for you'r first post but only as a start point try ThisS 34 47 379E 138 12 160good luck :fishing:

So which gulf is that mark in BDO :d/:P:boot:
Lol that must be the outer shipping channel from outer harbor in ST vincents :)@ewenmcg, the steamer channel 30kms out from Port Hughes is probably going to turn up on a google search. My marks are a bit too specific to be giving out on here, plus it's a long way to go based on a strangers advice ;)What I would suggest is to check out the marine charts, if you are out that far for the first time, it would be best you have them. Otherwise plot the marks you find on google and see if you think they are worthwhile trying.Cheers

Here some Marks but unsure on accuracy as they are taken from a GPS site might be worth a try.Deadman's Rock Spencer Gulf, Port Victoria. 34 26.950 137 23.760 WGS84 Surrounding water depth 12metres - Sandy and weedy bottom.The Songvar Wreck - Spencer Gulf-20 minutes from Port Victoria 34.27.766 137.23.145 WGS83 - Water depth 6metres Wardang Jetty Patch NE Coast Wardang Island. King George Whiting 34.27.985-137.22.778 Depth 4metres - Broken bottom - sand/weed/gravel.Lindsay's Mark - Port Victoria. Whiting & Snapper. 34.24.820 137.21.470 WGS84 - Water depth 12metres. Broken bottom.Hope there of some use to you.CheersMJ

• 2 weeks later...

I spend a lot of time fishing in and around Port Victoria in SA and intend venturing out this weekend into the middle of the Spencer Gulf to the steamer channel but have no specific place to head.Does anyone have any marks out there they would be willing to share as a starting point?

Sorry I never had a chance to post up a better general description of this area you are asking about :blush: Since I lost a lot of my good marks when I sold my boat :( I only have a handful of specific marks that I have scavenged. But I did come accross some steamer channel marks on the Internet and I added them in a jurassic park thread. I hope this helps. Apart from the port river system and northern metro grounds, this is really the only area I know very well. Here's the link to the Jurassics thread for ya;http://www.strikehook.com/forum/5-general-fishing/153323-jurassic-park-gps-markTight lines mate B)