nice white pointer

thats par for the course at the moment in our area.seen on the news the other night that all the GW's had stayed around the neptunes & not come into the gulfs......not sure where they get their info.we have had up to 3 sharks in 1 day harrassing our snappergreat footage, even better to see it in real lifecheersBigAsh

thats par for the course at the moment in our area.seen on the news the other night that all the GW's had stayed around the neptunes & not come into the gulfs......not sure where they get their info.we have had up to 3 sharks in 1 day harrassing our snappergreat footage' date=' even better to see it in real lifecheersBigAsh[/quote']yeah its the same in whyalla with my pro mate... he had 3 around his boat eh other day, the next day another one he got a great pic of, which i got sent today so shall load up....
  • 6 months later...
obviously you blokes have seen a few' date=' fairly casual about it all.[/quote']I think media Hype has a lot to do with the perception that they'd eat you at the drop of a hat.Not that I'm going to drop my hat near one to find out :woohoo:
G'day Afishyfish,Yeh it all started with "Jaws" - portrayed them to be mindless - one eyed killers, they're not mate, they are a very smart fish - this vid on here says a lot - as the shark goes ballistic toward the boat - one of the guys slaps the water with that pole (once) and the shark is gone! (if it was mindless and one eyed it would have ignored the noise and commotion and eaten that fish) Old fishos used to swear not to use chain on their hooks because the clanging scared them off - and (dont try this at home - I had plenty of practice) will have no hesitation to jump in with one or two on scuba and keep them in line - dont panic and you swim towards them and they back off! (Some piss off all together because they dont know what to do with that) So no they arent that full on - on the other hand if you are in the water and you see one and you panic and thrash around???? :huh: that'll be all she wrote unless you can walk on water... ;) So yeh, the media has a lot to answer for but they've done it for a lot of species over the years! Anything that can be seen as a threat to man or brings fear to man has to be over ridden / controlled or killed...Oh and it brings good ratings!!!Cheers...
  • 3 weeks later...