fishing for metro snapper

Guest addict

Is there anyone on this site who are pretty serious on chasing metro snapper? I go out all the time when there on the chew and do quiet well on them. Im just trying to spark up a conversation if theres anyone it would be great to here your methods and theories and how well you may do. I recon the last two years inperticular has produced loads of snapper metro and this season should be no exeptoin. It may be a better season than the last.cheers addict the obsessive compolsive fisherman {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

I have never seriously been into chasing snapper although I will give them a go if I'm in the right area. I am willing to learn a few secrets, also a mate of mine who fishes the Noarlunga/Christie Beach area has done well on them in the last couple of years, he is pretty tight lipped about where he catches them, all I know is that he works the reef areas in around 18meters of water.I will keep an eye on this topic and see what else is revealed.

Guest Butters

we have been trying to work out the local inshore snapper for the last few summers with out much luck.. only landing a few legals and losing a few bigger ones (happens alot wiht me) but will be hitting them up alot this summer now i have a boat to hit the bigger grounds.. do you fish inshore grounds or out in deeper water?

howdy butters i hear port augusta didnt work out as planned for ya squid was hard to find bummer I dont fish of shore mainly shallower water and do ok i dont fish the north haven area much i fish down south only at night

Guest Butters

yeah was pretty tough.. took about 3-4hours to get one..only heard of 1 hit that moring which paul had. i heard from another guy that got one through the week 58lb..I'll be hitting up a few grounds down north haven way inshore mainly.. when the water gets a bit stirred up and bit of chop there... less boaties out burning around spots.. do you usually find the inner grounds fire better at night due to less traffic on the water??i do have a spot in the port river that i have managed a few good rugger in my kayak which i'll be hitting abit during summer aswell..

snapper definatly bite best at night and early morning late arvo is ok to but where i fish night is best run in tides light running sinkers i dont know much about the outerharbour grounds but could be worth a shot at night places like semaphore reef the john rob outerharbour channel any reef system deep or shallow its worth a crack at night for shore i have found pilchards and slimmey macs work best for me ill chuck up some metro snapper pics when the fish come through

Guest xtrafishyfish

Addict, I also fish the local metro grounds for snapper at night but I fish out really deep. I'm hoping to spend more time out there this summer in search of the real biggies {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif