Snapper in the Turton area

Try the old skool grounds like:Broken Rock or Head out to the Sphinx or you could head out wide to the shoal for an almost gauranteed snapper or two.Heres the marks.Broken Rock 34 55 219 137 23 385The Sphinx (good for ruggers) 34 51 282 137 19 232Out wide on the shoal where there is a nice ledge (this is straight out from Hardwicke Bay but launch at Turton)34 42 283 137 16 004 Get out there and get amongst it and if the snapper arent biting be sure to have a whiting bait down.

why dont u give him some tips u twat? u guys on here are all the same and never give out information about fishing spots but u want to hear spots from other people. eat a swollen sausage mark!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: thats the funniest post ive seen in along time dont want too give out info hmmm lets see werent gps co ordinates enough info on finding some spots :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .MM

why dont u give him some tips u twat? u guys on here are all the same and never give out information about fishing spots but u want to hear spots from other people. eat a swollen sausage mark!

That is one very funny post there Madplopper!Sense some over-reaction on your behalf.I will take your post into consideration if you ever attempt to join the group Big Reds.Okay heres a another massive tip for anyone wanting to catch snapper from Turton.Launch at turton and motor around to directly opposite Hardwicke bay. stay in close and find some deep holes in the reef. Be carefull that you are going really slow cos its very shallow and watch your sounder for holes. (if you make it up to Port Minlacowie then youve gone to far). Find a Hole and on Dusk burley up with cubed pilchards and you should be a chance of catching some reds that cruise into the reefs to feed on crabs and squid etc.

All really great spots and great advice there unhookedfish, Most of those spots are heavily fished round summer time. Shoal grounds are roughly 27 kms out, so I would be only going in biiig boat. If you want to try in close try towards Minlacowie there is some xcllnt spots close to rocky reefy areas that fire up in the coming months.Closer to Pt Turton (16Kms out)there is a ground I call "the spit" also worth a try. Good luck and tight lines.

Yep some great advice there too Psari, great to see that we are both thinking alike when it comes to finding snapps in that area.:fishing: I think there is nothing better than helping anglers to gain a better chance at landing some decent Reds and also passing on some of our experience to them. Our advice could literally save them a year or two of fishing for doughnuts.And in my books thats a massive help!:clap: :clap: Its fantastic because I have a great network of friends and if I ever need to go somewhere new that I havent fished yet, I can just ask around and get some quick advice on where the snapper are, and I also know that I could put up a post on here and have some great knowledge come from the great guys on this site!!:clap: And as youve just said none of the GPS marks that were given are Secret spots. They all just natural structure that nature has given us and doesnt move.. LOL ;) ;) ;) ;)So I really dont see what the MADPLOPPERS issue is..LOL

Strike two! Let's go for number three now' date=' accompanied with a rapid and permanent holiday.Ranger[/b']

Strike two! Out of only two posts as well! Let's go for number three now' date=' accompanied with a rapid and permanent holiday.Ranger[/b']

Strike two! Out of only two posts as well! Let's go for number three now' date=' accompanied with a rapid and permanent holiday.Ranger[/b']
Yep, doing well. Obviously a graduate of Dale Carnegies School of How To Win Friends and Influence People ;):blink::laugh: Pity there's only 3 strikes, this guys is almost entertaining :dry: :clap: :whistle: