Snapper on Plastics

Heaps of people are starting to chase Snapper on plastics. I've never tried but would love to get one on plastics. Maybe on a hand line too. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and what works for them. What plastics, hooks and all that stuff. I've read a few articles but i want some real opinions and experinces.

I have been talking to a pioneer of Snapper on PLastics and got the low down from him. Try this on for size.7' or 7'6" graphite rod 6-10kg3000-4000 size reel capable of pulling 3kg+ drag20-30lb braid 300mts needed if fishing deep water40-60lb fluro leader by 1.5mtJig head up to 3/4oz or 22gm with hook size 3/0 to 6/0preferred plastics in order of favouritesberkley gulp squid 5" sugar spiceberkley jerk shad 5" or 7" nuculer chickensquidgy flick bait 145mm pilly or evil minnowsquidgy slick rig110mm drop bearberkley shaky shad 4" any colourHe also said that berleying is essential so keep the cubes of pillys coming to hold them in the area.DRop your plastic all the way to the bottom let it sit and twitch, twitch while lifting, then let it drop back down. Wait a few second then repeat. Sounds piss easy doesn't it.Another random bloke told me whyalla are using a 10" sand eel by storm in pink and red back glitter.i'm ready, anyone wanna take me

I dyed some tails of these big plastics cos i got told dying the tails was the way to go. They are garlic scented and pink on the tails now. It looks the goods. Just gotta find some snapper. Mate is taking me to goanna's when the fish get there. I'll bag out first, then get some on plastics, then bring out the hand line. Game on. Mind you i'll probably go and catch rock cod.