Sea Water Whiting

Hi All,I just want to share a method of cooking fresh whiting I learnt from my Uncle while fishing the group off Tumby when I was kid.Bring some fresh sea water home with you.Put about 12mm (1/2 inch) of seawater in a frypan.Bring to the boil and add a decent dob of butter.Add a good dose of white pepper.Broil your fillets till cooked.Serve how ever u want, but they are awesome in fresh bread n butter.I know it sounds odd, but honestly, it is delicious.Enjoy. ;)

The first time I cooked iy like this for mr lady, we camping on a beach at Yorkes.

I'd like to meet this "Mr Lady" of yours sometime mate! Life partner possibly? :icon_e_confused:A wise man once said:

I know it sounds odd

Hey, what happens on fishing trips stays on fishing trips! ;)Either way, I wish you both well! :-* :P :icon_lol:

You will choose to hang out with us indesirable types! ;DAnyway mate, you should know that I'd never judge you based solely on your sexual preference, but really, broiled Whiting fillets does sound pretty gay! :PJust messin wiv ya mate, feel free to dish it back at me! ;)

Just messin wiv ya mate, feel free to dish it back at me! ;)

Thanks Ranger, but you know I would never dream of taking the p_ss out of anyone. Especially some one of your calibre (pictures gay shirt and oversized garfish). :icon_e_biggrin:ps, when I cook u this dish, remind me to back up to the wall, ur gunna love it. ;)

I would never dream of taking the p_ss out of anyone. Especially some one of your calibre (pictures gay shirt and oversized garfish). :icon_e_biggrin:

Knocking the shirt! :icon_e_surprised:Posted ImageYou may not realise, but I had to work my way through over one hundred boutique clothing stores operated by guys called Eugene and Cyril to find that shirt! Geez, it even came with a free fondue set! :icon_e_ugeek:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: those holiday photos crack me up ranger :icon_lol:I reckon aarron added this icon just for you by the way :icon_e_ugeek: :PNice recipe yobbo. Simple is best! A mate of mine cooks his whiting in a pretty simple way aswell.I think it goes into the microwave, all covered with butter and salt n pepper, with glad wrap over the top so it kinda steams, and then eaten between bread also. Im pretty sure that's how he does it? i know he uses a microwave anyway! ::)tastes pretty good

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: those holiday photos crack me up ranger :icon_lol:I reckon aarron added this icon just for you by the way :icon_e_ugeek: :P

My modest shirt is moderately modern! >:(Why make a mockery of my model mien? :icon_cry:Now as a modest and meticulous moderating mogul can I moderate another moderator if I promise to only moderate moderately in a mild manner and mitigate the moderators momentus moan by modifying his mock a modicum to minimize the menace? :icon_e_confused:After all, as a model member I don't mean to mollycoddle these militant minions! :icon_e_ugeek:

Save me the sarcasm of your sympathy and sycophant now savage stranger, as the searing stiletto of your succinct suggestion has already stung my stolid stomach.I shant stoop to subvert your sulfurous succour, but I shall stiffen and suffer the swat in my stoical and sagacious satiety, although stricken under the strain of this sardonic saturnalia, I will scrabble from the stigma of this scar .I trust the scathing stimulus of this scandalous and strange saunter has now satiated the savage and scathing scorn of your scurilous scold! :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:To end this now:As an aberration of accordance, I’ll abort the abstruse, and I’ll bear the brunt of this berating bullsh*t Bennyboy, if you’ll cut the crap of the callous cause, and I’ll deal with the damage of the debilitating daub and ensure I ensconce the enthuse of the entende!Or in laymans terms:Don't pay me out coz of my gay shirt, coz ya might hurt my fragile feelings and then you'll have to listen to all my crap! :PThen again, mebbe I'm just bored! ;D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey man just tried ya recipie mate!!!best thing ever tasted!!!!!!!!!! just so plain and simple, even i can make it yay!!good thing to know wen ya over yorkes and got no food hay!!i reakon it tastes exactly like blue crab!! but the expensive crab lolcheers 4 that 1 mate, il remember that 1 for ages bud cheers :D

• 4 months later...