I would have thought dolphins were smarter than that........Once caught a brown snake in a backwater near Morgan.....wasn't exactly "caught" as "tangled".Needless to say it was "released" trailing 20 yards of 6lb mono.

i thought the same mate, was uncoated wire aswell, and 400lblucky it took me over some reef, not before nearly spooling my 6/0,
howdy guys' date='on a recent jigging trip had this fella jump on a little jig.identified as a silver dory,just thought i would share and see any other unusual captures that anyone has experienced.probably one of the best fish i have eaten aswell,cheers[/quote']I got one of these for locks well beach in Elliston, will upload pic soon

Caught a callop with my hands on goolwa beach a few weeks ago but i think the weirdest was I caught a dingo at bobs kitchen up at yalata on the west coast one night....Pitch dark and the reel starts screaming - I grab the rod go to strike and its peeling off into the sandhills behind me!!!! The sinker and salmon slab washed up on the beach with the rip and the dingo got my bait!!! Was a weird moment - not exactly knowing where the water was - :blink: Thought I had one too many jimmys there for a sec!

Caught a callop with my hands on goolwa beach a few weeks ago but i think the weirdest was I caught a dingo at bobs kitchen up at yalata on the west coast one night....Pitch dark and the reel starts screaming - I grab the rod go to strike and its peeling off into the sandhills behind me!!!! The sinker and salmon slab washed up on the beach with the rip and the dingo got my bait!!! Was a weird moment - not exactly knowing where the water was - :blink: Thought I had one too many jimmys there for a sec![/quote Conditions of Entry Yalata...... 3rd one down © to many jimmys :huh: :ohmy: a) Entry is not permitted without a valid Visitors' Permit.B) Permits will be displayed on the dashboard of a vehicle or on person when absent from your vehicle. Permits must be presented upon request.c) Alcohol is not permitted on Yalata Indigenous Protected Area. d) Firearms are not permitted within Yalata Indigenous Protected Area.e) Vehicles must remain on designated tracks only (as written on the permit).f) Access through dunes via marked roads only.g) Permit holders will be responsible for the removal of all their rubbish from Yalata Lands.h) To avoid disturbance to native wildlife, pets must remain in the car or on a leash.i) Permit holders must camp in designated areas only (as written on the permit) and vacate sites by 10am on day of departure. j) Permit holders shall not interfere with Aboriginal cultural heritage, flora and fauna.k) Visitors must obey any reasonable direction given by Land Management Unit Officers relation to behavior and visitor guidelines.l) Yalata Community Incorporated is not responsible for any personal injury or loss of personal property while visitors are on Yalata Lands.m) Film, video or photographs may not be taken for personal gain without prior permission from YCI.n) Media and press members may not enter for work purposes without prior permission from YCI.o) Upon request by Land Management Officers, permit holders must produce for inspection any container designed for transport and storage of beverages or food.p) Land Management Unit Officers and other Authorised Officers have the right to revoke forthwith and without refund Visitors' Permit upon reasonable suspicion of a breach of the above permit conditions or Federal and State Laws.

OK!!! LMAO!!!(Let me finish) BUT!!! Seeing there is no alcohol allowed on The Yalata Aboriginal Lands and I hadn't had any alcohol - I soon realised what was going on.......Still weird though.... And thanks for the heads up on no alcohol mate.............................. :laugh:

Yeah 4the, 4bies are good down there - stop at every deep gutter and have a try...or the other method is walk down from the carpark and burley burley burley!!! and let them come to you....(Actually done better with the second method) But if you havent been there before a 4bie is a great way to have a squizz at the place! Lots of great spots! Heres a link to yalata bookings etc.... Cheers Greg.. http://www.yalata.org/camping.htm

Saw a classic one one afternoon. It didn't happen at the beach or near the water but did involve a fishing rod and a squid jag. It was back in the early 90's when I was working for the commonwealth railways at Pt Augusta. A few of us went to a colleagues place after work for a few beers and being still Summer, was quite warm. The blokes two sons were outside practising what they loved. The older son was into golf and was practising his putting on the lawn. His younger son was into fishing. Squid fishing in particular. So he was practising his casting techniques, also on the lawn. He was facing away from his older brother and casting across the yard. This went on for several minutes before we heard a blood curdling scream. Sure enough, the younger brother had flicked the rod back over his shoulder for another cast and had moved back a bit closer to his older brother. The squid jag had flicked over the older boy's shoulder and when the younger boy went to cast it, it shot up and lodged in his older brothers ear lobe! TO make matters worse, instead of seeing what was stopping him from casting, the young lad proceeded to pull on the rod trying to complete his cast!

best one ive seen was a mate was lure fishing one xmas day wen his 30 dollar lure got caught in some rocks so he climbed down and got it free then he yanked it out of the water it came sailing at him and got hooked in his ear was lauthing my head off while waiting in the emergency room at the local hospital for them to cut the thing out of his ear whish i had acamera at the time B)

you can catch and release as many as you want but only keep one then no more. penalties are severe may loose your tackle if you catch more after keeping onesize limit determined by angler

And a lot of wives dont even like you fishing for other wives.Atleast fish dont get to say, now that youve caught me - how dare you try for another. :pinch: :pinch:LOL, oh and I once caught a big snapper whilst trying to catch small snapper...thought that was weird..LOL