vac seal machines

Guest Shark-Kat 6

Hi Carps, Have a vac sealer that I bought from Pinnacle Wholesalers on Ebay for $70 but the bag rolls that came with it didn't all seal properly! :evil: So not to be put off I bought new bag rolls from OzPlaza.living also on Ebay and now use them to seal all my bait and Burley blocks and this works great for stopping the odours going through everything in the freezer! :clap::clap::clap: = wife no longer on my case for spoiling her food in my bait freezer :huh: Best thing you could purchase IMO!! Cheers S.K.6

i got one of these, had it for a week now and it comes with a few free rolls of the bags with delivery ~$60... not super vacuum power but hey its cheap... URL removed upon request of url's webmaster

Edited by bjorn2fish
URL removed upon request of url's webmaster

i have the same machine as above, i always use mine on extended seal and it does a great job.sealed heaps of bait/whole snapper/fillets etc and still going strong.for the price of the machine you can't go wrong.as for the bags not sealing properlly, you must make sure the sealing edge is dry and clean i always wipe the edges with paper towel before sealing.i also buy the bag rolls and just cut the size needed for what i'm sealing.i managed to fit a whole 97cm snapper into one of the large size bag rolls, was a bit of a aqueeze but managed to slide it in ;) i would never go back to just using plastic bags after using the sealer, keeps bait fresher too no freezer burn etc...

This mob are advertising in this month's "On The Road" magazine:https://www.freshield.com.au/shop/index.php?cPath=6They're at the "less cheap" end of the spectrum, but I guess you generally get what you pay for.They tend to do the rounds of the caravan & camping shows, etc. I think you'll find that they will probably be at this year's Adelaide Boating & Fishing Show if you want to see one of their systems in action.Also, Sunbeam have a range (available at most larger department and electrical stores) that are a little less expensive:http://www.sunbeam.com.au/Pages/Browse/Search.aspx?cid=-1&scid=8088Can't personally vouch for the effectiveness of either system, but if you Google a few reviews, you should get a reasonable idea.Cheersaf

• 2 weeks later...

howdy. i have used my shrink sealer for aboyt 5 years now and i buy the rolls and cut bags yo suit my needs. i buy them from a butcher supplier on churchill road about half a mile north of the reepham pub on the left hand side. i find they seal better if you half freeze them first then put them into bags and seal

Guest Shark-Kat 6

howdy. i have used my shrink sealer for aboyt 5 years now and i buy the rolls and cut bags yo suit my needs. i buy them from a butcher supplier on churchill road about half a mile north of the reepham pub on the left hand side. i find they seal better if you half freeze them first then put them into bags and seal

I believe that would be MBL directly opposite the "BP on the run"! Good to know that they have them, I might try them for my next lot!! :clap:

mine just arrived.. and i have a heap of sanga meats left over from my last tour.. 4-5 100-250gram packs.. so.. thats gonna be my first job now.. reseal these into long life bags and use them on my next trip up north!cant wait to put it to more use.. im about to delegate a heap of snapper and YFW fillets to the bait bucket due to being away so much this last 6 months ive not eaten them.. hopefully this machine will now fix that problem!!!

yep mine arived today with bags and a roll and have tested out on some fresh whiting fillets and worked great -- tried to do razor fish but they are to juicy and wont let the bag seal propper maybe let em drain for a while and see :) but all in all im stoked

they recommend with the more moist items to pre freeze them in normal bags.. then shrink freeze in the machines after they are frozen! woudlnt have the same space saving properties.. but the other options to pay them dry/drain them a while and try again..

haha yep son has a vac sealed apple for school hahahaha buggered if i know how hes gonna open it :pinch:

i just laughed out loud!!!! hrmmm i guess those half packets of Gulps can be resealed now too.. cant wait for my next fishing trip as that was the main intention of buying this machine.. to save all my lost fillets!