The Gap Innes National Park

no way you could of fish the gap, massive cliffs with big swells smashing at the bottom...... one pretty cool thing though, in the right wind conditions a coke can would just hover around in the gap for minutes :) longest i saw was around 15 mins :cheer: It has been closed for years now because of cracking around the cliffs.....Sambo

dad used to hold us by the legs and we would stick our heads over the edge when it used to be open. heard of a goat track that zig zags down there and heard of sharkies fishing it but there are so many other good ledges in the park that its not worth risking it to fish there imo.

No way can you fish the Gap PointTOO DANGEROUS just to get down and there is no escape route if in troubleBUTIf you head south - S/E from the car park and look very carefully you might find a star dropper in the cliff.If you have balls of steel you could slide down carefully down the cliff face to a ledge but life would be a lot safer if you tied a sturdy rope and slid down.Im not 100% sure but if you zoom in on google earth you might see what looks like a track down to the ledge. Its also high enough to be safe if the swell risesCaught plenty of sweep etc and salmon from there years ago

used to fish there when I was fitter and younger and more stupid....used to go left from the carpark through the scrub for about a km and then there was the cliff to climb down, used to be a track down there pretty steep and you had to be very careful but doable.then you turned right walked around the beach over the reef that jutted out and fished over onto another reef - awesome place - massive sweep etc etc....My wife even joined me one trip - now thats saying something...havnt been for years though so not sure what its like now - no fish is worth dying for!!!!got some pics somewhere......