i'm running a small carabee which is good for a quick flick, was more thinking along the lines of TheStu cheers for posts tho. @TheStu: do you use plastic cases with your tackle inside the bag or enough compartments built in, might have to go check em out. where do you put your catch? not that im coming accross that issue yet :boot:

i'm running a small carabee which is good for a quick flick' date=' was more thinking along the lines of TheStu cheers for posts tho. @TheStu: do you use plastic cases with your tackle inside the bag or enough compartments built in, might have to go check em out. where do you put your catch? not that im coming accross that issue yet :boot:[/quote']yea i can put just about anything in there..i bought it for shark fishing an its the best thing i could've got. is has heaps of room an a hard pocket for phones or sangaz...i put all my tackle both ligh an heavy plus two rope gaffs an tail rope, food, bait, clothes, basically everything except rods an bucket an gas laternan esky but even ur sleppin bag an roll mat goes on top once its all closed up plus the weight is ditributed evenly across my shoulders which helps awesomely on long walks... an with two ppl each with one u can fish in absolute comfort B)

I usually use my small camelbak when going for a quick flick and a normal backpack for surf fishing etc. But recently I scored a shimano royale backpack which is bloody sweet! Has a spot to put the water bladder from my camelbak and has a raincover to put over the entire bag to keep out the rain when the weather is shitty. On top of this there is ample room inside for a heap of gear, lunch, bait etc.I learnt over a lot of painful walks up and down browns beach that you only pack the essentials! So a few small cases (i use 2 or 3 plano 3600's) with lures, swivels, sinkers and hooks. Essential gear like pliers, scissors and knife and camera. Throw in a few pre-tied rigs and a snack and a drink and you're packed nice and light! Don't forget the bait!!!If you don't use something make a note of it and if it's not used two trips running it's probably worth leaving in the car :)To carry fish out I bring along an alvey shoulder bag that I fold up in the backpack until I need it. Then you carry your rod in one hand and the other is kept free, if you're using multiple rods and need to carry rod holders I use rod wraps and still carry the whole lot in one hand over my shoulder. Makes big hikes SO much nicer when you're pooped at the end of a session

A piece of advice, dont get a bag with dozens of small pockets and sections.You want a bag with two large compartments and a drink bottle holder.Plastics, leaders, scissors, etc in the front smaller section, and enough room for at least two big planos for lures and terminals in the bigger section.With a bag full of smaller sections youll just end up being frustrated that nothing fits.

Makes sense S49 cheers for that, saw a pic of one that had an ali frame with rod holder and was two plastic tubs/crates occied to the frame. was a custom job looked pretty serious tho, wouldn't mind more of an all rounder. Gonna have a look at the cadet bags STU was on about (50bux too)