Looking for opinions on 1-3kg rods

I'm buying a ci4 1000 next week and have a spool of 5lb power pro to spool it with so I need a rod to match it to.The main setup I use is a ci4 2500 (8lb braid) with a 7ft 2-4kg rod so for a smaller reel and lighter line I figured the 1-3kg weight rod would be the go.I'm looking for something that is 7ft and 2 piece as it will be mainly used landbased flicking for bream, trout etc. It will be a multipurpose rod for bait (very occasionally) and lures (both SP and HB's). Price range is under $200Can anyone suggest a rod they've used and liked? I'm a bit worried about a rod this light being too whippy...I should add I am currently looking at a TCurve Revolution Inshore 7'3" 2piece 1-3kg rod as an option. Thanks in advanceSquid

Maybe stretch the budget for a Daiwa infeet. Im not too sure how whippy it is, but I sure do know that given the rating of how light a lure this can cast (1-7grams), you will find this is matched perfectly to a CI4 1000 and having the luxury of an ultralight trout outfit would be so good.So if you could stretch the budget for this to $279, Im sure you would have one dam nice ultralight outfit!!I too have considered such an outfit, but in the end have stayed with my 2-4kg Black Diamond and 2000 luvias and if I get serious will just run 4lb braid and 4lb leader. I dont think its to wise to fish lighter than this in our trout streams anyway as you loose to many lures and risk busting off good fish.http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-rods/daiwa-gekkabijin-infeet-rods-jdm-product/

Great looking rod but at $450 thats $250 more than i'm willing to spend...

Fair enough. Might be worth keeping an eye on Bream Master though if your not against second hand.
There is the quick & then there are those who miss out.http://breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37812

you betchya! Besides its freeim posting up these gears as they are excess and rarely get used. would like to offload them to someone who will give it the beating it needs. hahaha first up is my nitro vapor 66. its 6"6' 2pce 1-2kg. in VGC and comes with rod tube and bag. asking pending payment I dont know what it sold for but it didnt last long.

Oops Sorry statesquider my bad!! :(:( In saying that I have felt the new Inshore Revs in BCF and may I say that look and feel the goods!! I personally don't have one but I believe they are light, whippy, have good components and look like they have a wicked load up rate!!

dont buy a berkly drop shot' date=' they snap like tooth picks with little provocation' date=' go an augly stix , old school i know but at least it won't break on ya.[/quote'']Your off with the pixies,a Ci4 on a uglystick would be a joke. :laugh: cheers brenton
I may well be off with the pixies mmmmate but my opinion is as valid as yours, my experience with fairy wands is I would prefer an augly stix!!
dont buy a berkly drop shot' date=' they snap like tooth picks with little provocation' date=' go an augly stix , old school i know but at least it won't break on ya.[/quote'']Your off with the pixies,a Ci4 on a uglystick would be a joke. :laugh: cheers brenton
I may well be off with the pixies mmmmate but my opinion is as valid as yours, my experience with fairy wands is I would prefer an augly stix!!
Ive got to agree that theres nothing wrong with matching new technology to old school proven rods.I reckon a sick bait fishing combo would be a SILSTAR CRYSTAL POWERTIP and a Daiwa Seagate 3000.A blend of the old and new. I kind of like your way of thinking Ivabiggen.although I cant say Im a fan of uglysticks as Ive never used one, but of course know that there is a huge following for them even to this day.. Even some top ANGLERS in the industry still fish the big uglysticks for BIG FISH, so they must be pretty bloody good.
Haha' date='your funny.Go put a Ci4 1000 (which is the lightest reel on the market)on any Ugly stick and tell me its a balanced 1-3kg outfit. cheers brenton[/quote']Im not saying that this combo is going to be as nice as if you put the reel on an infeet but if you want to be able to lift your rod up in the kitchen and accidently hit the roof without removing the tip, or jam the rod in your car between quickly moving between trout spots and accidently catch the end of the rod in the seems of the glove box or jam it between the dash and the windscreen, atleast with an old school glass rod your safe..LOl.And although not the most balanced outfit in the world, Im more than sure you could catch oodles of trout on a cI4 1000 and ugly stick combo..lolBut its a diferent strokes for diferent strokes fishing world out there.I prefer the latest and greatest on the greatest!!
  • 3 weeks later...

The 1-3kg T-Curve Spin662XL is perfectly matched for the Ci4- a 1000 sized reel is designed to be matched for this rod- but the Ci4 being so light can prob be translated to a 2500. I've recently matched a 1-3kg T-curve with 1000 twin-power. this rod is real whippy but not sloppy- perfect for hb's and sp's- as I hate using sp's with a stiff rod; i.e the heartland I am currently using, I barely touch my soft plastics. Another rod that is fantatic and light- The Pfleuger Patriarch, a very well balanced rod IMO, or Daiwa wilderness- casts a mile. The Jewel is an alright blank (sloppy IMO) and the T-curve revolution inshore is decent- grab these if you can find them for a bargain, but they both really lack some of the fine veneer features that the T-Curve T series has, or the Daiwa rods in that price category feature. As much as people like the Ci4 Stradics- way to much inertia, and I think they def not suited for light spinning as there is so much energy needed for quick cranks.

Disappointed no one has given the good old Shimano Raider a rap!!!Luv it to death, 2 piece 7ft 6in, I've caught most trophy sized fish in SA Freshwater on it including a 2.5 kg Trout, a 1.62kg reddy, Carp to 4 kilo (bye catch), 2 kg Bass, salmon in the surf, Bream, etc.I have never broken one yet in over 6 years of fishing the Fresh and Salt nearly every week end!!I now own 3, the other two snapped up from S&H sellers for a song!My regular fishing buddy currently has one on loan where he is finding out why I rave about 'em so much!I paid $150 for my first one from the O' Halloran Hill Tackle store (now closed), got a bargain from Salisbury Tackle store for 90 bucks, bought another from Station49 who has posted on this thread (ta mate!) and the last one from the Pres of the Bream Fishers!Go the Raider B):fishing: