Thai Fish Cakes

Guest dabilda

Guest dabilda

A recipe I aquired last year and when I had heaps of Salmon fillets at hand. Thought now that Salmon season is upon us I'd post it here for all to try.Ingredients800g Fish fillets1 clove of Garlic (finely chopped)1 Lemmon Grass stalk (white only, finely chopped)2 tbsp ginger root (finely chopped)2 Spring Onions (finely chopped)1 Red Chilli (finely chopped)1/3 cup Parsely (finely chopped)1/3 cup Coriander (finely chopped)1/3 cup Basil (finely chopped)3 - 4 Kaffir leaves (finely chopped)2 tbsp Fish sauce1 tbsp Red Curry PasteOlive oil (for frying)Mint or Coriander leaves (Garnish)Lime Wedges (Garnish)MethodSkin fillets and ensure they are free of bones. Chop into small pieces and place in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped (not pureed). Spoon into mixing bowl.Add all other ingredients (except garnishes).Now the messy part (clean hands). Do this close to a sink.Mix all ingredients. Wet hands and form patties to required sizes. Keep wetting hands as mixture can be quite sticky.Chill patties for an hour or two. (this can be skipped if necessary)Add enough oil to pan to shallow fry. Cook 3 - 4 mins each side or until golden brown.Serve with a cucumber based salad with chilli and a sharp dressing. Top patties with garnish and Lime wedge.Enjoy