What to target - Venus Bay

I've decided put this topic here as i'm hoping it will get the most amount of traffic and responses :)So.... i'm off to Venus Bay in July and having done it successfully in the past will be hitting up KG's in the bay in my mates tinny and chasing salmon off talia and mt camel.Is there anything else worth fishing for in the area? Have only been there once in winter but didn't try to hit up anything else so don't really know what else is around :woohoo: Cheers for any inputSquid

ay mate sounds like fun , from my experiences that will keep you flat out, whitting in the morning tide and hit the beaches for the afternoon tide. Thats what i normaly do, at Mt Camel me mate always hits the best whole on the beach while I try and fish the rocks to the left on the main beach. There is a big gutter that runs back along the beach and out. 9 times out of 10 i will catch a few big ones in there before he has any. Just be mine full of the swell sit in the car park for 10 to 15mins watching the swell breaking on the rocks first. The rocks are mainly flat and they are about 3 foot higher than the beach it self so dont fall off :woohoo: Just wear a good grippy shoe and you should be fine but if in doubt just fish the beach. Let me know how you go .

mullies off both those beaches.. my home bsse for work is the property between those two beaches... the boss owns the land from the camel to the talia turn off. yalia has a better rep for big mullies than camel does thouh... good sized salmon from both beaches. and if your camping close by... coodlie park coem say hi.. chances are.. i may be down there.. or at least the boss will be..

I've never bothered to fish off the platform to the left on camel... Will definitely give that spot a sniff when i'm there! Last time I was there in winter we hit KG's pretty hard but it kind of killed buger all time as the longest it took was 2 hours for a boat limit! Great fun though! Will be targetting a whole heap of tommies for the bait freezer whilst we're there as they were prolific last time :)Very keen to have a crack at the mullies on talia! Will hopefully belt out some livies if the water isn't too rough :) We're staying in Venus Bay at a shack we've stayed at before. Just a small crew this time round but the missus isn't coming so I'll be free to fish like a man possessed!Can only hope there are a few trevally around! I didn't get any when i went in winter but in summer I scored my first which was a touch under 30cm and put up an amazing scrap for it's size!I did amazingly in summer on squid but the weather was foul when i was there in winter so i didn't try. Will there still be a chance of squid off the jetty? Hoping for some free bait ;)Cheers again SQUIDDY!

ill be over there from saturday till the 28th.. not as much fishing as id have hoped.. but gotta intersperse it with some surfing as well ;) will let ya know how i go.. will try the venus jetty as well.. a place i havnt fished.. and might even get a night down at talia.. if the misses lets me.. will def fish talia/camel day time at least once though!